• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shah $5 million gift

His numbers are usually good…but we turn into disorganized blech at the first sign of trouble. Thats the PG job. I don’t ever feel like he is getting us into proper sets when things are going poorly. I never feel like he is controlling the action…
Not sure that makes sense
This is it exactly.

Boopie Miller is a PG in the same mold as Robert O'Kelley was a PG. They are the right size. They are capable of offense that can carry a team. They have passing skills. They are prone to turnovers. Both are SG's attempting to become PG's. O'Kelley failed to make the change. I hope Boopie can.

Not sure it matters, but Boopie’s turnover rate is currently better than:
Appleby
Alondes
2010 Ish Smith
2009 Ish Smith
2009 Jeff Teague
2005 Chris Paul
2004 Chris Paul
2003 Justin Gray
2003 Taron Downey
2002 Broderick Hicks

Not sure it matters, but Boopie’s turnover rate is currently better than:
Appleby
Alondes
2010 Ish Smith
2009 Ish Smith
2009 Jeff Teague
2005 Chris Paul
2004 Chris Paul
2003 Justin Gray
2003 Taron Downey
2002 Broderick Hicks
Difference is that he doesn’t even really attempt to pass the ball. I’m high on Boopie but at PG, our offense sometimes looks stagnant. The ROK comparison is very good.

Boopie is waaaaaay too small to play the 2 in the ACC.
Yep. We could play him alongside a true PG if it’s a PG with size so they can cross-match on D. Playing him next to someone like Tyree would likely be a disaster. See Appleby/Williamson lineups getting eviscerated last year.

I've always thought we should have tried Bouges at the 4. 🙄
I was actually thinking on Saturday that Boopie, while considerably taller, should spend the offseason watching tapes of Muggsy

Yep. We could play him alongside a true PG if it’s a PG with size so they can cross-match on D. Playing him next to someone like Tyree would likely be a disaster. See Appleby/Williamson lineups getting eviscerated last year.
Ty. I didn’t think this was an insane proposition akin to Bogues playing the 4.

Back