• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shah $5 million gift

Speaking of rows on the court, etc, I noticed on Tuesday that the GT score table is so long that two rows are needed for all our coaches & walkons. They don’t have that extra room going way down past the baseline like we do either. Mike Muse was on 2nd row.
Mit Shah had his seat first on the 3rd row.
That's a function of having a small on campus arena.

Does anyone know if visitors can tour the Shah Complex? I’d love to walk through while in town.

I'm thankful for Mit. But it was weird to me that Mit was telling Forbes something at the end of the game.

How so? Mit is clearly the program's #1 fan (combination of financial support and passion). It's not surprising that the coach would routinely listen to him and/or care what he has to say in the biggest game of said coach's time at wake.

I'm sure Mit said something like, "We fucking did it!"

How so? Mit is clearly the program's #1 fan (combination of financial support and passion). It's not surprising that the coach would routinely listen to him and/or care what he has to say in the biggest game of said coach's time at wake.

I'm sure Mit said something like, "We fucking did it!"
Ehhh. It looked more like Mit was giving him basketball advice or telling him to look out for something on the court.

I should add for clarity that this was in the end game scenario with a minute or less left. Not after the game.

I'm thankful for Mit. But it was weird to me that Mit was telling Forbes something at the end of the game.
Meh. Access to the team is and has always been perhaps the biggest motivator for major donors in college sports. Like to feel part of it, and they are.

I'm pissed because horrible game day traffic management prevented me from getting a Mit Shah T-shirt.

How can we not do better? I've been to football games at Auburn with 100,000 people that have gotten in and cleared out quicker than 14K yesterday. Combined with our "security" team yesterday at the game- there is some work to be done.

I'm pissed because horrible game day traffic management prevented me from getting a Mit Shah T-shirt.

How can we not do better? I've been to football games at Auburn with 100,000 people that have gotten in and cleared out quicker than 14K yesterday. Combined with our "security" team yesterday at the game- there is some work to be done.
You can’t see a difference in expenses between an event generating revenue with 86K more tickets at a likely higher price point?

You can’t see a difference in expenses between an event generating revenue with 86K more tickets at a likely higher price point?
So your argument is smallish college town like Auburn should be able to shuttle 100,000 + fans in and out of town easily because they have more money to spend? But Wake can't get 14k in and out of a medium sized city? Naw. It's poor planning- not a money issue.

I think schools/police can and should be able to handle the logistics of their events- whatever number of fans that involves. Just having everyone sit there with no apparent plan of in or out is a joke. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any cops altering the cycles of the traffic lights. It should be much easier to handle traffic flow etc with fewer people.

So your argument is smallish college town like Auburn should be able to shuttle 100,000 + fans in and out of town easily because they have more money to spend? But Wake can't get 14k in and out of a medium sized city? Naw. It's poor planning- not a money issue.

I think schools/police can and should be able to handle the logistics of their events- whatever number of fans that involves. Just having everyone sit there with no apparent plan of in or out is a joke. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any cops altering the cycles of the traffic lights. It should be much easier to handle traffic flow etc with fewer people.
You pay for those things. Do I think that auburn can more effectively shuffle larger numbers of cars around 6-7 times a year? Yea of course they can.

You pay for those things. Do I think that auburn can more effectively shuffle larger numbers of cars around 6-7 times a year? Yea of course they can.
Paying a cop $35 an hour to run the traffic light is a bridge too far for Wake? Come on. 14,000 people isn't shit. We can and should do better. If a podunk smallish town in Alabama can figure out traffic management- we should be able to move a fraction of the people around our city. It's poor planning.

Paying a cop $35 an hour to run the traffic light is a bridge too far for Wake? Come on. 14,000 people isn't shit. We can and should do better. If a podunk smallish town in Alabama can figure out traffic management- we should be able to move a fraction of the people around our city. It's poor planning.
You don’t think a podunk smallish town in Alabama has less natural traffic on its own?

You don’t think a podunk smallish town in Alabama has less natural traffic on its own?
Have you been there? it's a smallish town with smallish town infrastructure. Cities should be able to do better especially with 1/10 of the people. If you're happy with the way Wake manages events- good enough. not worth bantering any further about.

Have you been there? it's a smallish town with smallish town infrastructure. Cities should be able to do better especially with 1/10 of the people. If you're happy with the way Wake manages events- good enough. not worth bantering any further about.
I’m just not in my feels because I didn’t get a free t-shirt by not leaving early enough for the biggest home game in a decade.

I’m just not in my feels because I didn’t get a free t-shirt by not leaving early enough for the biggest home game in a decade.
You misread my joke. I was totally tongue in cheek. And sorry it's a long round trip drive for me. But sure. Keep being a dick for no apparent reason lol

Back