• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shah $5 million gift

One big advantage of the Deacon Club is that its tax deductible (and in-kind/stock donations that can have other nice tax benefits).

@RollTheQuadNIL it would be great if there were a lower tier business option for people who don't own a business but have a little side hustle/1099 income (which is reportedly actually pretty common) and are looking for small things that could technically be called an advertising expense (i think it could be as simple as having a list of sponsors on the NIL website). that would actually make the NIL fund even more tax advantaged than a charitable donation.
We have that. Want a social media post or appearance from Boopie Miller? An enter-to-win? RTQ will for it for a fraction of what you think it would cost you.

Happy to connect you with the appropriate parties if you want one of our student-athletes as a paid intern as well.

RTQ donation for "advertising" of a business would be a different write off than charitable donation. It would be a business expense write off. I also have a side hustle with 1099 income and if there were option to donate for "advertising" or something, this would allow me to increase my donation.
We can do this. Let's talk.

We have that. Want a social media post or appearance from Boopie Miller? An enter-to-win? RTQ will for it for a fraction of what you think it would cost you.

Happy to connect you with the appropriate parties if you want one of our student-athletes as a paid intern as well.

I think psy and me are in the same camp (and I'd guess we're not alone). We need "advertising" not advertising.

To say the quiet part out loud: I just want to be able to claim my RTQ payments is a business expense, which could be as simple as showing up on a "sponsors" page.

I think psy and me are in the same camp (and I'd guess we're not alone). We need "advertising" not advertising.

To say the quiet part out loud: I just want to be able to claim my RTQ payments is a business expense, which could be as simple as showing up on a "sponsors" page.
Lean into what this all really is. Call it "Friends of the Program"

Let's chat!

Lean into what this all really is. Call it "Friends of the Program"

Call it whatever you wish - He's thinking out of the box to help support Wake athletics and it's a great idea

Wish members of our fanbase put more energy into coming up with solutions instead of posting on message boards and browsing tinder

Call it whatever you wish - He's thinking out of the box to help support Wake athletics and it's a great idea

Wish members of our fanbase put more energy into coming up with solutions instead of posting on message boards and browsing tinder
I won’t stand for personal attacks from someone with stolen valor.

LEGAL MEASURES

This article about the new student game day experience (part of the Shah gift) says there is new student seating on the court but doesn’t elaborate. See excerpt below. Any insight into what that entails?

This innovative enhancement follows unique opportunities that have been provided to Wake Forest students for the 2023-24 season. Specifically, new student seating on the court.

"Our students are the heart and soul of our fanbase and moving them down to the court and creating this pregame student fan zone are tangible investments in our students," Associate AD Corey Raymond said.

Back