• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shah $5 million gift

This article about the new student game day experience (part of the Shah gift) says there is new student seating on the court but doesn’t elaborate. See excerpt below. Any insight into what that entails?

This innovative enhancement follows unique opportunities that have been provided to Wake Forest students for the 2023-24 season. Specifically, new student seating on the court.

"Our students are the heart and soul of our fanbase and moving them down to the court and creating this pregame student fan zone are tangible investments in our students," Associate AD Corey Raymond said.
I think we really need to ask ourselves - is DonaldRoss actually MitShahNoble?

This article about the new student game day experience (part of the Shah gift) says there is new student seating on the court but doesn’t elaborate. See excerpt below. Any insight into what that entails?

This innovative enhancement follows unique opportunities that have been provided to Wake Forest students for the 2023-24 season. Specifically, new student seating on the court.

"Our students are the heart and soul of our fanbase and moving them down to the court and creating this pregame student fan zone are tangible investments in our students," Associate AD Corey Raymond said.
I think the “fan experience” should not be a priority at the moment. People have fun when we are winning. It doesn’t matter if the game is happening on an outdoor court and the fans are sitting on stools.

I think the “fan experience” should not be a priority at the moment. People have fun when we are winning. It doesn’t matter if the game is happening on an outdoor court and the fans are sitting on stools.
Do you think Forbes wants to recruit players to an outdoor court where fans sit on stools? Or a place where fans are excited to be there and fired up?

Fan experience should always be a priority.

Eleven Trampled at Who Concert in Cincinnati - fan experience not a priority.

thought the homecourt advantage for State really came through for them last night

winning and fan experience are linked

Do you think Forbes wants to recruit players to an outdoor court where fans sit on stools? Or a place where fans are excited to be there and fired up?
I mean, that was an extreme example but it feels kind of silly to be throwing money at student seating.

I mean, that was an extreme example but it feels kind of silly to be throwing money at student seating.
Or not?

NIL is spent each year with nothing to show for it once a player is gone. This, at least in theory, is probably a cheap and more lasting area of improvement for the program.

Or not?

NIL is spent each year with nothing to show for it once a player is gone. This, at least in theory, is probably a cheap and more lasting area of improvement for the program.
It’s his money. He can do whatever he wants with it. One of those contributes to wins and losses. The other really doesn’t.

I think we really need to ask ourselves - is DonaldRoss actually MitShahNoble?
Your keyboard needs to be thoroughly disinfected after being forced to typesuch a thought. Please do so immediately.

Nice move adding the first few rows of seating behind one basket to students. But unique?

They’ve had the first 4 or 5 rows courtside on the baseline all season. That’s new this year.
Speaking of rows on the court, etc, I noticed on Tuesday that the GT score table is so long that two rows are needed for all our coaches & walkons. They don’t have that extra room going way down past the baseline like we do either. Mike Muse was on 2nd row.
Mit Shah had his seat first on the 3rd row.

Back