• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shah $5 million gift

I'm pissed because horrible game day traffic management prevented me from getting a Mit Shah T-shirt.

How can we not do better? I've been to football games at Auburn with 100,000 people that have gotten in and cleared out quicker than 14K yesterday. Combined with our "security" team yesterday at the game- there is some work to be done.
How did 10,000 fans get one in spite of the traffic? I left in time and got one just fine. I agree our event staff and planning need some improving but it wasn’t that hard to leave earlier.

How did 10,000 fans get one in spite of the traffic? I left in time and got one just fine. I agree our event staff and planning need some improving but it wasn’t that hard to leave earlier.

I'm not actually worked up by not having a shirt. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Doesn't always come across on the internet. But since it's none of your business -
I have about two and a half hours each way drive. I had a family obligation yesterday morning. So yeah. I got there when I could. Which was through the doors and in my seat about 130. It just seems weird to sit in traffic for no reason. There has always been a very poor traffic plan. Yesterday just reminded me of that- both coming and going. We seem to agree on the real point - game day traffic management is unnecessarily poor

I'm not actually worked up by not having a shirt. It was a tongue in cheek comment. Doesn't always come across on the internet. But since it's none of your business -
I have about two and a half hours each way drive. I had a family obligation yesterday morning. So yeah. I got there when I could. Which was through the doors and in my seat about 130. It just seems weird to sit in traffic for no reason. There has always been a very poor traffic plan. Yesterday just reminded me of that- both coming and going. We seem to agree on the real point - game day traffic management is unnecessarily poor
God damn WSPD making you have a family obligation 2.5 hours away !

Clearly you've got a bit more disposable time to devote to these type things than some.
I didn’t make the game. Had a sick baby at home. Life is a little different than when I was a college kid. That’s not anybody’s fault though.

I parked on campus and walked over to avoid it. It was fun walking past everyone waiting to take a left on University. It also let me get some nervous energy out and see Mr Roundtree.

The LJVM area has been known historically to have horrible ingress and egress. Seems like every large event a story pops up on WXII with a large number of attendees complaining. Remember the Paul McCartney saga?

I parked on campus and walked over to avoid it. It was fun walking past everyone waiting to take a left on University. It also let me get some nervous energy out and see Mr Roundtree.

I was in that line. You made the right call.

And at least you were at the game. Apparently that's not a prerequisite to having a very strong opinion about how the traffic was handled.

Would not blame Mitt if he asked for his $$$ Back!

Weird to me that Boopie draws the hate. He had 21, 5, & 6 tonight while only having two turnovers.
I feel he has been a great addition and happy he will be back next season manning the point.
His numbers are usually good…but we turn into disorganized blech at the first sign of trouble. Thats the PG job. I don’t ever feel like he is getting us into proper sets when things are going poorly. I never feel like he is controlling the action…
Not sure that makes sense

Weird to me that Boopie draws the hate. He had 21, 5, & 6 tonight while only having two turnovers.
I feel he has been a great addition and happy he will be back next season manning the point.
This actually wasn’t Boopie hate. I just think he might be better at the 2, with someone else who’s a better distributor handling the ball.

Back