• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shah $5 million gift

Thank you Mit and Shah family! Guy attends every game and is a vocal fan who puts his money where his mouth is. I donate what I can to RTQ. You aren't paying to be a fan, you are a fan who knows the current market place requires money so you do your part. Much easier to be a fan of a winning team and this requires money nowadays.

This

LOL - Get comfortable waiting as I'm not posting personal "receipts" on a message board at the request of some rando amateur basketball scout turned sociologist

Let’s ask @RollTheQuadNIL a legit question. With the AD doing things like seat rights even more intensely, with Deacon Club still being pushed for basically no benefit to donors, what is the argument for those who don’t have Shah type funds to give their hard earned money to the AD instead of NIL? Have y’all had conversations with them about how this could be detrimental to the NIL mission?

Hopefully this massive donation (THANK YOU MIT SHAH) has motivated many of us to give in turn. Last year I just gave a one time amount to RTQ but this year I stepped up to monthly donations.

I've never donated for benefits. I donate because as psydeac said, I'm a fan who knows that the current marketplace requires $$$ for success. I take pride in the fact that most everyone with a Wake degree can probably afford to give something. I'm assuming (as I always have) that my Deacon Club donations go to support direct player scholarships, facilities, meals, coaches, training etc) that the university provides. And my NIL contributions are really to try and keep us competitive with what the other schools are paying their players.

Hopefully this massive donation (THANK YOU MIT SHAH) has motivated many of us to give in turn. Last year I just gave a one time amount to RTQ but this year I stepped up to monthly donations.

I've never donated for benefits. I donate because as psydeac said, I'm a fan who knows that the current marketplace requires $$$ for success. I take pride in the fact that most everyone with a Wake degree can probably afford to give something. I'm assuming (as I always have) that my Deacon Club donations go to support direct player scholarships, facilities, meals, coaches, training etc) that the university provides. And my NIL contributions are really to try and keep us competitive with what the other schools are paying their players.
I think this is a bit deluded. Most people do not have the money or are not willing to donate to multiple things. We are not a large fanbase. It needs to be a focused goal. The AD is making it too complicated. We are a tiny snapshot of Wake fans on a crazy board like this. We are not the majority. Most people hear the AD asking for money and give to that over an NIL fund they don’t understand and barely know exists.

Let’s ask @RollTheQuadNIL a legit question. With the AD doing things like seat rights even more intensely, with Deacon Club still being pushed for basically no benefit to donors, what is the argument for those who don’t have Shah type funds to give their hard earned money to the AD instead of NIL? Have y’all had conversations with them about how this could be detrimental to the NIL mission?

Sure, many donors would rather feel like they helped recruit the new star quarterback than helped buy uniforms for the field hockey team.

But the AD still needs support to operate. It's vital to continue to give to the athletic department itself because they do a whole lot more than recruitment and retention.

I'm just not convinced NIL will continue to exist in the future in its current form.

Sure, many donors would rather feel like they helped recruit the new star quarterback than helped buy uniforms for the field hockey team.

But the AD still needs support to operate. It's vital to continue to give to the athletic department itself because they do a whole lot more than recruitment and retention.

I'm just not convinced NIL will continue to exist in the future in its current form.
I hear you. It’s just a vital time and I have been rubbed the wrong way by the single year seat rights thing when money needs to go elsewhere. Scholarships and facilities tend to be funded by endowments and bigger donors.

Back