• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sharing a room on a business trip

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
A friend of mine has been assigned to an audit team, and for cost austerity reasons the plan is to "buddy up" and assign you a roommate; most likely some dude who you don't know. Like most of us who haven't shared a room with somebody since college (and even then it was somebody you knew well and could pretty much do/say as you please), he's dreading it. Plus, he's a veteran so sharing living quarters again is not high on his agenda. Having been in the same situation some years ago with a complete stranger who kept me awake with his constant farting, my suggestion to him was to see if the other guy thinks it sucks as bad as he does, then go half-sies on another room.
Anybody else had to deal with this, and if so big deal/no deal?

Total bullshit. Also, most men over 40 snore uncontrollably after drinking a few beers.

No big deal for me. My wife and I have let friends share a room with us at weddings to help people cut cost.

That is pretty lame to have to share a bedroom with a co-worker, especially when that co-worker is a total stranger.

How are you supposed to crank it under those circumstances? That's like the only good part about a business trip.

I dealt with it once when a coworker forgot to book a room and our hotel was sold out. It was a fine experience as a one-off, but would never want that to be the norm.

No big deal for me. My wife and I have let friends share a room with us at weddings to help people cut cost.

this is completely different. it's a business trip. if the client won't pay for an extra room then fuck them and get new clients.

had no idea in a professional world that companies made you share a room.

how long is the trip? a night? a week?

had no idea in a professional world that companies made you share a room.

how long is the trip? a night? a week?

2-3 nights.

And agree with the consensus here, total b.s.
As for the sharing a room with a couple thing, I think I'd rather take a dump with a strange dude on the bed outside the door than a woman who I know socially...but that's just me.

Sharing a room with a friend at a wedding is not even remotely the same thing.

I can understand cheap clients, but why wouldn't you know the person? How big is the engagement/site visit that you would have no relationship to your roommate?

2-3 nights.

As for the sharing a room with a couple thing, I think I'd rather take a dump with a strange dude on the bed outside the door than a woman who I know socially...but that's just me.

you take those talents to south beach (lobby, gym etc). you don't drop the deuce in a room you are sharing.

Donald Ross doesn't even share a hotel with strangers on business trips.

Reactions: BDL
2-3 nights.

But I've been told that we've progressed the point as a society where biological men and biological women should feel free to dump in close proximity to each other, without any fear of uneasiness?

Back