• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Friendly Week: Congrats FTN and HamsterHuey!

I need to pos whoever put Flannery O' Conner. That's the right answer, just not the sheep answer.

I put selection because I underestimated how many children we have on this board but knew in my heart that was the right answer.

Can’t believe I missed JK. Also thought there would be more taser answers.

It seems like you people don't know the different between a children's author and an author.

Stare was the first thing I thought of but how can that beat out townie's tears???

This is a wild take. Not sure what it’s lacking - has good beer, the beach, the mountains, professional sports, high quality college sports, bbq, good food. It’s no Maryland (lol), but it’s definitely a top 10.

North Carolina isn't top 10. Charlotte and Raleigh kinda stink. You can't be a great state without at least one city worth talking about. California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and New York are pretty obvious. But it's not even like NC is better than Virginia or something.

I put California and a note to townie that I knew it'd lose. If California was it's own country, it'd be the best country in the world. If North Carolina was it's own country, we'd just have really strict laws about who could use the bathroom.

If North Carolina was "it's own country" we'd build a wall around it and keep people from moving here from Buffalo and Ohio.

But everybody is moving out of California!!!

Have fun never being able to afford a house out there unless you’re loaded.

i posted erection thinking of a building; i can't believe anyone would stoop to making boner jokes around here

LOL Diggler.

I'm at a loss to how Disney World doesn't win a company owned by Disney but Sea ____ is Sea World.

You guys are too smart for your own good. Nobody gives a shit if you have the correct answer... It's all about getting inside the head of the morons that post here.

giphy.gif

Oh, and I'll probably finish last when it counts.

You guys are too smart for your own good. Nobody gives a shit if you have the correct answer... It's all about getting inside the head of the morons that post here.

giphy.gif

Oh, and I'll probably finish last when it counts.

Yeah, but during a friendly week it creates #content

4. The best decade for music
1960s - 15
1980s - 11
1990s - 10
1970s - 8
2000s, 1820s - 1

5. A female fiction writer
JK Rowling - 31
Jane Austen - 5
Agatha Christie - 2
Margaret Atwood - 2
Toni Morrison - 2
Ann Rice, Danielle Steele, Flannery O'Conner, N. K. Jemisin - 1

6. A company Disney owns
ESPN - 26
Marvel - 8
ABC - 6
Disney - 2
Pixar - 2
Disney+, Disney World - 1

How are Disney, Disney + and Disney World not merged and how the hell is Disney not the most sheep answer for the question.

7. The best state in the United States of America
North Carolina - 29
California - 10
Hawaii - 3
Colorado, Maryland, North Dakota, Vermont - 1

8. The longest flight you've ever taken (# of hours)
10 - 28
5 - 6
8 - 6
12 - 2
6, 7, 15, 20 - 1

9. Your ideal number of hours of sleep per night
8 - 43
7, 9, 24/eternal - 1

This was a "friendly" dammit. What happened to "Maryland, Stand Up!"?

10. Form a word from the following letters: AERST
Stare - 29
Tears - 9
Taser - 3
Rates - 2
Artest, Resr, Sea - 1

11. A word that rhymes with "election"
Erection - 32
Selection - 9
Collection, Ejection, Reflection, Rejection, Section

12. Sea ______
Sea World - 18
Sea food - 5
Sea horse - 4
Sea lion - 4
Sea shore - 4
Sea salt - 2
Bass, Hawks, Monster, Seattle, Sick, The change you want to be, Turtle, Urchin, Weed - 1

Sea World? Does that even exist anymore? I thought all you "woke" folks would go for something more palatable. I could live with it if seafood beat my ass, but Sea World? Who are these people?

This is a wild take. Not sure what it’s lacking - has good beer, the beach, the mountains, professional sports, high quality college sports, bbq, good food. It’s no Maryland (lol), but it’s definitely a top 10.

What major city does it have? When you can't get your public restroom politics in line, you can't be a top 30 state.

Fine. Top 5. Regardless it shouldn't be in the conversation for the clue. No one is saying MD is top 10 and this question on the MD board would have like 3 people saying MD. Possible answers to this question are Hawaii and California.
Hawaii sucks. Good place to visit but no one wants to live there. California has Hella high taxes and COL. LA has miserable traffic and real estate is unbearable. Boo these choices

I was really close to going with Sea Shanty. Couldn't get it out of my head.

Back