• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Friendly Week: Congrats FTN and HamsterHuey!

Hawaii sucks. Good place to visit but no one wants to live there. California has Hella high taxes and COL. LA has miserable traffic and real estate is unbearable. Boo these choices

Taxes legit aren't that bad in CA. It's a couple points higher than NC, and you don't have to live in NC.

Fine. Top 5. Regardless it shouldn't be in the conversation for the clue. No one is saying MD is top 10 and this question on the MD board would have like 3 people saying MD. Possible answers to this question are Hawaii and California.
Tons of people leaving CA and HI isolation left the door open for NC bias to win out, MD further down the list than NC due to Baltimore although I bet it would do better than 3 people on MD board

Maryland is barely even a state

looks like it’s about to just fall apart

Taxes legit aren't that bad in CA. It's a couple points higher than NC, and you don't have to live in NC.

This is 100 percent false.

For one thing, CA doesn’t have preferred rates for long term capital gains or dividends.

I was talking to a guy today that moved to KENTUCKY to get away from CA.

Townie - can I request that you post the last place finisher’s answers like you did last time?

Fine. Top 5. Regardless it shouldn't be in the conversation for the clue. No one is saying MD is top 10 and this question on the MD board would have like 3 people saying MD. Possible answers to this question are Hawaii and California.

Colorado is better than Hawaii.

Yes!

1: Denver
2: Whirlpool
3: Blueberry
4: 70's
5: Flannery O'Connor
6: ABC
7: Vermont
8: 7
9: 9
10:Tears
11:Ejection
12:Salt

Since I had, and have, no idea what constitutes the object of this game I was quite content to finish DFL in the practice round.

Last edited:
I need to pos whoever put Flannery O' Conner. That's the right answer, just not the sheep answer.

Thank you. I had a professor who was her personal friend. He had many letters from her which I was fortunate enough to read.
In the couple books he wrote about her he was not allowed to quote them due to copyright laws enforced first by her mother and
later by her sister, if my memory serves me correctly. Since they were written to him, this never seemed fair to me.

Forgot to mention the slide show from the farm, with all those freaking peacocks walking around.

Last edited:
Since I had, and have, no idea what constitutes the object of this game I was quite content to finish DFL in the practice round.

The goal is to guess what the most popular answer will be - even if you disagree with it. Vermont is certainly a good state, but there’s no way that will be the answer with this crowd.

BEEF

while maryland empirically sucks and I don't think any of you think otherwise, a message board of wake forest people is going to say NC because that's what we all think everyone else will say.

same with flights - an 8 hour flight from JFK to Rome is a ten hour flight when you leave from Charlotte.

Obviously 10 turned out to be correct for flight, but 8 won running away with sleep and was right next to it.

real talk no one actually thinks the 60s were the best decade for music but the internet said so

The goal is to guess what the most popular answer will be - even if you disagree with it. Vermont is certainly a good state, but there’s no way that will be the answer with this crowd.

Thanks. I was coming to that conclusion, but you and the post from ATS have solidified it. If I enter I guess I'll be solo. That's cool. I dig solitude.

By the way, I've never been to Vermont. However, there are not a lot of people there, and that's a good thing.

Back