• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Playoffs: The ‘Ship - THANKS FOR PLAYING BOZOS

is there a way to set up submissions as, say, a google form or something that would make it easier to aggegate data?

then shepherd would just have to go through and make changes such to group based on their judgement call

i'm also thinking about indexing scores
Indexing meaning normalize the data so all scores are between 0-100?

(Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score)

Yeah, that would work, but it would be highly dependent on the min and max, which may be outliers (i.e., how badly Windy did that week). It also wouldn't factor in how close a player was to a perfect score.

Some sort of approach that does Score / Highest score of question for each question, then aggregate the 12 questions may work.

I don't know. :confused:

Indexing meaning normalize the data so all scores are between 0-100?

(Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score)

Yeah, that would work, but it would be highly dependent on outliers (i.e., how badly Windy did that week). It also wouldn't factor in how close a player was to a perfect score.

Some sort of approach that does Score / Highest score of question for each question, then aggregate the 12 questions may work.

I don't know. :confused:
yes to the first question, but by what method I'd have to think on it

the crude version is just score/perfect score (or max score)

@OldGoldBeard didn't you used to normalize/index scores when you ran sheep? What methodology did you use to do that? or am I thinking of the other guy that was a long time shepherd?

@OldGoldBeard didn't you used to normalize/index scores when you ran sheep? What methodology did you use to do that? or am I thinking of the other guy that was a long time shepherd?
I didn't do anything with the scores other than to rank the players for that specific week. I lack the Excel skills of the people that designed the spreadsheet and did as little as possible that would risk screwing it up.

Is there a way with google forms to make sure somebody is not submitting multiple entries?

it tends to be a semi-annual or annual event, unfortunately....townie only has so much time to put towards it.

Back