• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Playoffs: The ‘Ship - THANKS FOR PLAYING BOZOS

i agree with you

spider crossed my mind and i said nope not an animal
this is for insects and not arachnids but same principle applies (arachnids also belong to the animal classification)

Insects are animals. Like all animals, insects are multicellular organisms that respire using oxygen, reproduce sexually, eat and move. Insects belong to the animal class Insecta, which, with around one million living species, is by far the biggest class within the animal kingdom

Good opportunity to get some 4th grade level sciencee review in here, between this and the octopus legs thing.

this is for insects and not arachnids but same principle applies (arachnids also belong to the animal classification)
it's like the cucumber is a fruit thing

yes, technically, sure it is botanically a fruit

but when i say animal to joe blow on the street they're thinking dog not ant

and sheep is the game of joe blows

it's like the cucumber is a fruit thing

yes, technically, sure it is botanically a fruit

but when i say animal to joe blow on the street they're thinking dog not ant

and sheep is the game of joe blows
fair, but there are no mammals with more than 4 legs (and most joe blows are going to only consider mammals animals), unless you get even MORE technical and research the kangaroo and why they may be considered to have 5

vs a google search just telling you right off the bat its insects bb

1702672395589.png

I would be interested to see the relationship between time commitment and correct guesses. I suspect Windy and I dedicate almost no time to this and therefore we suck.

If I ever run sheep, I'll use some kind of survey software that captures time for completion and awards points based on who completes the answers quickly. It wouldn't be the entire score obviously, but perhaps an extra 100 points for the fastest time, 75 points for second fastest, and so on.....only top 4 speeds get extra points.
time spent has nothing to do with this

fair, but there are no mammals with more than 4 legs (and most joe blows are going to only consider mammals animals), unless you get even MORE technical and research the kangaroo and why they may be considered to have 5

vs a google search just telling you right off the bat its insects bb

View attachment 7226
which is why MY answer -- octopus -- was perfect

the average person definitely says "octopus = animal" and it's famous for its many legs

alas, you people...

Right or wrong at least I came clean on my reasoning. I take pride in knowing that I contributed to a future reverse sheep game.

which is why MY answer -- octopus -- was perfect

the average person definitely says "octopus = animal" and it's famous for its many legs

alas, you people...
Nah but most people don't think of octopus as having legs, they usually think of them as tentacles (incorrectly), they're really closer to having 8 arms.

I’m disappointed that I wasn’t around for the reveal but we had our in office Xmas party this afternoon and I’ve been packing for Asheville.

Ambulance chasers finally get a break!

Thanks Townie, that was a lot of fun.

What the fuck? This is not true at all
I mean, on a college message board everyone should also know insects are animals lol

eta: if you told people to start listing off animals I don't think they're gonna lead with FISH as an example...

Has “name an animal” been a sheep question? I assume the answer is dog.

“Name a wild animal” would be pretty tough though. Lion or tiger or bear (oh my)?

Has “name an animal” been a sheep question? I assume the answer is dog.

“Name a wild animal” would be pretty tough though. Lion or tiger or bear (oh my)?
I mean it’s dog now.

I mean I didn’t know folks on here would ever be off the cuff “I don’t think of spiders as an animal.” The fuck is this discourse

Back