• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Playoffs: Week 1, answers due Friday at 12

My wife has tried to push me to apply for both Survivor and Jeopardy. There have been nights when I feel like I could have won Jeopardy, though no doubt there’s buzzer luck and pressure the day of. Survivor is a real shitshow though. How you do in challenges is such a small part of it, too good and you’re a threat, too shitty and they send you packing early. Gotta be social but not perceived as running the game. Gotta withstand some tough conditions, little food or water for a month plus crazy weather events. It doesn’t so much require you to be elite at anything but you better be pretty good at social, physical and mental toughness. I would have picked Jeopardy only answering for myself, but I doubt I could win either. Was very happy with that question and the beach question because each were difficult to approach.

I thought everyone would put Boat. You don’t buy a boat, people.

Kicking myself because I completely forgot about the whole "always go with round numbers" thing that I've heard you guys mention before and changed my movie theater guess from 5 to 4 at the last minute - cost me 31 points. This was fun!

My wife has tried to push me to apply for both Survivor and Jeopardy. There have been nights when I feel like I could have won Jeopardy, though no doubt there’s buzzer luck and pressure the day of. Survivor is a real shitshow though. How you do in challenges is such a small part of it, too good and you’re a threat, too shitty and they send you packing early. Gotta be social but not perceived as running the game. Gotta withstand some tough conditions, little food or water for a month plus crazy weather events. It doesn’t so much require you to be elite at anything but you better be pretty good at social, physical and mental toughness. I would have picked Jeopardy only answering for myself, but I doubt I could win either. Was very happy with that question and the beach question because each were difficult to approach.

I thought everyone would put Boat. You don’t buy a boat, people.
If it floats, flies or fucks… rent it

I changed from titliest to callaway and movies from 5 to 10 at the last second and yet it didn’t matter at all because I got a 2 pointer and a 1 pointer in the last 3 questions

Dang, lost by 14 points.

@IamThunderbolt and I had a good week.
my bad on our loss - was going to go Canada/Mexico and then thought, "let's go with the smallest country there is, that will surely be right sheep answer!!!" If I had gone with either of the former over Vatican City, we advance.

Sorry independent sheeple, looking at our team score even if I had played I don’t think my score would have made up enough points to win.

The more time I spent on these questions, the worse I did. Some of these are ridiculous. The answer to 8 is movie. Most movies suck, and if they don't suck they are just good enough to be entertaining for a few hours. Why do I need to spend extra money so that a sub-par movie can take up space in my house? It is not better to rent a house or a boat than own one. Get outta here. Virginia is the correct answer to 10. Who goes to the beach in Virginia? No one. Their coastline was taken by Maryland and any beaches they have exist in a Bay. As a result, they are the worst. Almonds is the correct answer to 11, in part because peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes.

Despite all of your incorrect answers, we got that W. On to the next.

Back