• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 10: Answers due Friday at 12

Two years has been the "standard" cell phone contract length. Hence many trade in at end of contract. Early buyouts and extended contracts are just starting to make an impact on that timing.
Yeah, that’s the right answer. But I didn’t see it as the sheep answer because of rules.

Yeah, that’s the right answer. But I didn’t see it as the sheep answer because of rules.
When there is a real world driver of a plausible answer, that is the sheep answer. Rule of 5 etc is for situations that don't have a real world driver, or where there are multiple answers possible from real world drivers.

I didn't think people went with "contracts" anymore either with all of the "free upgrades".

But I asked the questions to someone last night and they said the same thing "Most contracts are for 2 years"....though both of the last two phones I've bought have been financed for 36 months.

"new every two" was a thing for so long that it's ingrained, even if it's not accurate any more.

Back