• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shelton Mitchell commits to Wake

Fuck Your Couch

Reaction score
Definitely deserves own thread.

@SMitchell_4
I just want everyone know that I am a demon deacon and part of the wake forest family! Go deacs!!!!

ESPN #20 player in the nation.

Profile:

Strengths:
He's a premium player because he does something that few of his peers either can't do or have no desire to do correctly: run a team. Mitchell is a born leader. A big guard with natural point instincts, you hand him the basketball and trust him to run the team. Knows when to assert himself as a scorer and does a nice job managing the pieces around him. Gets to the line because he's clever in the lane. He can pass, set up and finish. There's a winning gene in his repoirtoire. His first step is important because it allows him to get his shoulders pointed in the right direction. Known for pulling out a floater, Mitchell doesn't mind contact. There's coachable and then there's Mitchell who responds well to instruction.

Weaknesses:
He's not the swiftest of foot. This is not a typical blow by point guard. He has to beat defenders with his first step and his brain. There are legitimate questions about how he handles point guards of the highest order defensively. His deep jump shoot isn't where it should be.

Bottom Line:
This is one of the top overall point guards in the country for his class. Winning player with an extreme work ethic. He's the gym rat who spends pre-school mornings in the gym getting up shots. Sets an example for teammates and those around. Well liked at his school where he came to a brand new program and quickly helped guide and turn it into a championship contender the second half of his high school career.

wow wow wow....

well shit, this is the best news wake bball has had in 3 years

ESPN #20 player in the nation.

Profile:

Strengths:
He's a premium player because he does something that few of his peers either can't do or have no desire to do correctly: run a team. Mitchell is a born leader. A big guard with natural point instincts, you hand him the basketball and trust him to run the team. Knows when to assert himself as a scorer and does a nice job managing the pieces around him. Gets to the line because he's clever in the lane. He can pass, set up and finish. There's a winning gene in his repoirtoire. His first step is important because it allows him to get his shoulders pointed in the right direction. Known for pulling out a floater, Mitchell doesn't mind contact. There's coachable and then there's Mitchell who responds well to instruction.

Weaknesses:
He's not the swiftest of foot. This is not a typical blow by point guard. He has to beat defenders with his first step and his brain. There are legitimate questions about how he handles point guards of the highest order defensively. His deep jump shoot isn't where it should be.

Bottom Line:
This is one of the top overall point guards in the country for his class. Winning player with an extreme work ethic. He's the gym rat who spends pre-school mornings in the gym getting up shots. Sets an example for teammates and those around. Well liked at his school where he came to a brand new program and quickly helped guide and turn it into a championship contender the second half of his high school career.

OH now i get it

Well done, Coach [Redacted].

Definitely deserves own thread.

@SMitchell_4
I just want everyone know that I am a demon deacon and part of the wake forest family! Go deacs!!!!

Was he recruited heavily by Buzz or was LaRue & Battle involved?

Back