• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shelton Mitchell commits to Wake

Goes without saying that I'm insanely pumped as well. Great get coaches!

Now please target a big man in the 2014 class because I don't see Dre turning into anything resembling starter quality.

Cannot wait to get him on campus. Shelton, CMM, Greg, Cav and Devin sounds like a pretty stout line up. The team, coaches and fan base needed this news and I am all in to see what coach can do the next couple of seasons. bzz isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't hate Bzz because his ties suck, I hate him because his teams suck. If he can get guys like Shelton and change the latter then I'm in. Go Deacs.

WELCOME SHELTON!!!!

Codi and Shelton is a hell of a backcourt.

Cannot wait to get him on campus. Shelton, CMM, Greg, Cav and Devin sounds like a pretty stout line up. The team, coaches and fan base needed this news and I am all in to see what coach can do the next couple of seasons. bzz isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Is Cav really starter material if we keep bringing in talent, or is this a product of us just being real short on bigs?

From a UNC blogger:

Shelton Mitchell, 2014 4-star PG of Cuthbertson HS (Waxhaw, NC), committed to WF after his game tonight. Said he was thinking he wanted to commit for over a month now, but he wanted to make sure. Said now was the right time. Sounded like he committed because Wake was with him from the beginning.

"They were recruiting me since I was a high school freshman. They were with me no matter what."

I asked him about his visit to UNC for the UNLV game.

"I knew UNC was recruiting me, but it was nothing serious. After the game, I talked to a couple of the coaches. I never sat down with Roy Williams or anything like that."

Mitchell has offers from Clemson, South Carolina, Missouri and Virginia Tech, among others.

I saw him play this month in the HSOT Invitational. Scored 30 points in a loss vs. Hampton (Va), but beat NCSU PG commit Cat Barber in just about every facet. Deceivingly quick and a lefty. Great get for Wake, IMO.

Or "The time is now"?

From Telep:
Mitchell said he keeps in contact with junior wing Kelly Oubre (Houston/Bush) and Gary Clark (Clayton, N.C./Clayton), a junior forward outside of Raleigh. No. 11 junior Leron Black (Memphis, Tenn./White Station), who just decommitted from Baylor this week, is another guy Mitchell intends to work over and said he keeps in regular contact with each.

"I'm working on whoever I can," Mitchell said. "I want to help bring in more guys."

Boom

From Telep:

Mitchell said he keeps in contact with junior wing Kelly Oubre (Houston/Bush) and Gary Clark (Clayton, N.C./Clayton), a junior forward outside of Raleigh. No. 11 junior Leron Black (Memphis, Tenn./White Station), who just decommitted from Baylor this week, is another guy Mitchell intends to work over and said he keeps in regular contact with each.

"I'm working on whoever I can," Mitchell said. "I want to help bring in more guys."

Gary Clark, eh???

DO-OVER

Don't think that Cliff Paul commercial where we get a shot of CP3 in a Wake Forest uniform doesn't help nationally as well. I love seeing it every goddamn time. What high school basketball t100 kid wasn't watching Clippers-Lakers tonight on ESPN, and it must have aired six times.

This is a great get and is much needed good news for the program. We still desperately need a big man so hopefully shelton can help with that as well.

Everyone should also keep in mind that he won't play a game for wake for another 22 months. This is a great get for [Redacted] but it shouldn't give him a free pass until then. He still needs to win games with the talent we have, this is already year 3.

When is the signing date? Until then, he can still change his mind, right?

I'm not saying that I think he will, because he doesn't sound like he is harboring any doubts.

Back