• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shelton Mitchell commits to Wake

"I'm working on whoever I can," Mitchell said. "I want to help bring in more guys."

Awesome stuff...hate that we have to wait 2 years for him though.

WELCOME SHELTON!

Is Cav really starter material if we keep bringing in talent, or is this a product of us just being real short on bigs?

Hopefully by 2014 Cav will have either developed into a legitimate ACC starter or he will have out recruited him. As of now I'd go with this is us being short on bigs. Either way this is awesome news and things are heading in the right direction for the program. Wins will start to heal the wounds of the past few seasons.

Great to hear.

Did [Redacted] just buy himself another year?

That wouldn't make much sense as Shelton won't even be at Wake next year. If getting Shelton saves Buzz then it will be for more than a year.

Hopefully by 2014 Cav will have either developed into a legitimate ACC starter or he will have out recruited him. As of now I'd go with this is us being short on bigs. Either way this is awesome news and things are heading in the right direction for the program. Wins will start to heal the wounds of the past few seasons.

Cav will be a legit ACC starter. You can see the smoothness on offense and high BBall IQ already.

Cav will be a legit ACC starter. You can see the smoothness on offense and high BBall IQ already.

This is my prediction, as well. That being said, "what he does well" is so niche and "what he doesn't do well" is far greater that it looks like a bit of a long shot. I stand by my prediction that Cav and Daniel become major contributors for us in the near future, though.

Great to hear.

Did [Redacted] just buy himself another year?

How about 2 more years? I have always thought Wellman planned on bringing him back next year pretty much regardless of how this season played out. Will this lead to a contract extension after the season ends in early March?

Cav will be a legit ACC starter. You can see the smoothness on offense and high BBall IQ already.[/Q

Definitely agree with that. Would love for him to get better at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the hoop. He already has a pretty good shot, he could possibly be a poor mans Singler.

How about 2 more years? I have always thought Wellman planned on bringing him back next year pretty much regardless of how this season played out. Will this lead to a contract extension after the season ends in early March?

Unless Bzz chooses to step down, which he won't, he will at the very least be here 2 more seasons.

Cav will be a legit ACC starter. You can see the smoothness on offense and high BBall IQ already.[/Q

Definitely agree with that. Would love for him to get better at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the hoop. He already has a pretty good shot, he could possibly be a poor mans Singler.

I don't think we'll ever get that from Cav. There's no way that Cav is a small forward in this or the next life. But we can get a 6'9 pick-and-pop threat to pair with an inside presence. He can be a high post operator that any team that runs Buzz's (alleged) system desperately needs.

I think that Rountree is more like Jalen Rose than Cav. I think Cav can be good but right now he is rushing and he keeps missing so many easy layups. I'm attributing those misses to just being an over eager freshmen. Hopefully this hunch is correct and he can further develop his game this year and over the summer.

Doesn't he have have the worst field goal percentage on the team by a pretty big margin?

Back