• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Mafia Game 2.0; When Good Ideas Go Wrong: The dv7 Mafia Story

You played good. Good job. Sorry I had to be so hard on you, but I was a badguy with not many options.

Well I didn't play well really. Got caught up doing stuff, then brought unnecessary attention to myself trying to catch up, had to thus claim, then was given the gamebreaker due to Manning's AA of Bym. I guess maybe getting some pressure on myself allowed me to claim civ special without the mafia hitting me so who knows, maybe it was for the best.

Any perceived anger on my part was just having fun with the vengeful part of my role without actually hinting at it or claiming it. When Gouda guessed that I was Mary Watson due to one of my posts, I felt bad that I might have been too overt with my offbeat posting so I sent DV7 a PM making sure I didn't cross the line into actually giving away my role.

Well I didn't play well really. Got caught up doing stuff, then brought unnecessary attention to myself trying to catch up, had to thus claim, then was given the gamebreaker due to Manning's AA of Bym. I guess maybe getting some pressure on myself allowed me to claim civ special without the mafia hitting me so who knows, maybe it was for the best.

Any perceived anger on my part was just having fun with the vengeful part of my role without actually hinting at it or claiming it. When Gouda guessed that I was Mary Watson due to one of my posts, I felt bad that I might have been too overt with my offbeat posting so I sent DV7 a PM making sure I didn't cross the line into actually giving away my role.

I was fairly certain of your role as well, but just as a matter of elimination. I knew you were not desperado, so you had to be either Sherlock or Mary, and I doubted you would have come out like that as Sherlock.

I should have just let you choose from the people that lynched manning to be your list since that led to the manning night talking AA of bym (Dr. Watson). I wish I would have thought about that yesterday.

I should have just let you choose from the people that lynched manning to be your list since that led to the manning night talking AA of bym (Dr. Watson). I wish I would have thought about that yesterday.

Also, I just thought about possibly adding a restriction of not being able to disclose the list that I get if Bym was night killed could also work. Obviously, I would be able to use the list to narrow down mafia on & off said list but would not be able to explicitly tell people why I think/know what I know.

Anytime you have to keep knowledge secret as a civ is bad

Back