• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Speaking of house design, pretty pumped about my guest room plan:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374663324.606644.jpg just got this to base my guest room design around. Gonna use a navy and white comforter with pink and gold accents. Maybe a touch of orange too.

Thinking about this comforter:http://www.pbteen.com/m/products/ziggy-organic-duvet-cover/moreimages.html (yes it's from pb teen.. Still like it and its on sale!)

With pillows like these: https://dixielandmonogram.3dcartstores.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=1024

And this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374663689.692036.jpg(also from pb teen, but helllooooo Jonathan Adler knockoff for $19!)

And probably going to do this: http://forchicsake.com/diy-campaign-chest/ to make a campaign style chest/bed side table out of a small ikea chest. (Paint it either high gloss white, pink, or orange)

Speaking of house design, pretty pumped about my guest room plan:

View attachment 723 just got this to base my guest room design around. Gonna use a navy and white comforter with pink and gold accents. Maybe a touch of orange too.

Thinking about this comforter:http://www.pbteen.com/m/products/ziggy-organic-duvet-cover/moreimages.html (yes it's from pb teen.. Still like it and its on sale!)

With pillows like these: https://dixielandmonogram.3dcartstores.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=1024

And this: View attachment 724(also from pb teen, but helllooooo Jonathan Adler knockoff for $19!)

And probably going to do this: http://forchicsake.com/diy-campaign-chest/ to make a campaign style chest/bed side table out of a small ikea chest. (Paint it either high gloss white, pink, or orange)

E's big boy room furniture is a small campaign style chest like that and a huge campaign style dresser with bookshelves, etc. inherited from my Aunt's 1970s bedroom set. They are high gloss red. I thought we were saddling him with terrible style because it was well built, I can't believe people are making knock off's of it...
s118x4.jpg

Yeah campaign style furniture is super in right now. That and anything with that vintage bamboo look (I think thomasville had a whole collection with the look in the 60s) are both selling like hotcakes in little boutiques around here.

Chic-- if it were me, I'd separate the bookshelves from the dresser (it's a lot of the same look, ill give you that), but the campaign dresser is super on target this year and the color makes is really appropriate looking for a little boy!

Last edited:
yeah, but the shelves won't work without the base and I think long term it will be nice for him to have those shelves. we'll see. The small chest is on another wall, but maybe I will sell it on craigslist,;) it looks almost identical to the one you posted

I didn't realize that was a mirror at first and was so confused about why the shelves were blocking a door.

Hey ladies! OK, looking for some advice / input in regards to painting.

Long version: A few years ago I lived in an apt with a great landlord that would send his handymen over to paint your rooms whatever color you’d like, as long as you bought the paint. I decided I wanted a red room, and I really loved it. Since then I’ve lived in all white apts. Boring. Now I’m buying a place, and the entire house is painted a nice mint green. I might leave it as is, but I feel like I should think about colors before I move in, because that would be the best time to paint. The only problem is that I don’t really have any strong feelings about wall colors.

Short version: Does anyone have any colors that they love for certain rooms?

Also, some of the guys and I got into a discussion about what baseball players are hot, complete with pictorial evidence. So if you're bored, it's worth checking out the last few pages.

Edit: not that all the pictures were attractive, but it was entertaining!

Last edited:

Long version: A few years ago I lived in an apt with a great landlord that would send his handymen over to paint your rooms whatever color you’d like, as long as you bought the paint. I decided I wanted a red room, and I really loved it. Since then I’ve lived in all white apts. Boring. Now I’m buying a place, and the entire house is painted a nice mint green. I might leave it as is, but I feel like I should think about colors before I move in, because that would be the best time to paint. The only problem is that I don’t really have any strong feelings about wall colors.

I have left my paint colors as is for the most part since I've moved in and have really enjoyed the wall colors so far. My entire downstairs is a mint green, kind of like yours. Upstairs, there's some variety. My room is painted a soothing powdery blue, with white bedding, and mint and coral accents so that it's almost beachy (without being actually beachy), and is really relaxing. I also really love gray walls (and I'm sure some of the other girls will echo me here since I've read them talking about grey walls before!), it's a great neutral without being boring beige or white.

My office is a spa mint green and I love it. I've then taken a darker variation of the color and it is used for an accent wall in the foyer.

I love an apple green bathroom (or other small room) and will be doing that at some point.

Purple/Browns also make a good color for both a bathroom and a bedroom.

Yeah campaign style furniture is super in right now. That and anything with that vintage bamboo look (I think thomasville had a whole collection with the look in the 60s) are both selling like hotcakes in little boutiques around here.

I picked up a little campaign desk at the Junior League Rummage Sale for $15 this spring! I'm still trying to decide what color I want to paint it - I'm thinking maybe a turquoise or mint.

I must not have been paying attention to home discussions, because I hadn’t considered grey. After looking up some pics, I love the idea of grey walls with black & white pics and some splashes of color, maybe for the guest room?

I must not have been paying attention to home discussions, because I hadn’t considered grey. After looking up some pics, I love the idea of grey walls with black & white pics and some splashes of color, maybe for the guest room?

Grey is exactly what I was going to recommend! Granted, if you loved a red apartment, it may be a bit boring for you. But for me, grey has been awesome, because I get bored easily, and I don't want to have to repaint every time I get bored. Instead, I bring in color through accent pieces like flowers or art or pillows. Those are much easier to switch out when I need a change, and the grey is an awesome neutral so that I can use most any color of the rainbow for accents.

I'm still torn between sage green and a soft gray for my bedroom, which is currently wood paneling. The rest of the house was newly painted tan when I moved in, with a bit of a darker brown below the chair rail in the kitchen, and white above the chair rail in the bathroom. It's nice to have a neutral to start with though I'll probably end up painting some of it way down the line.

yeah, I'm all about some grey walls, maybe with a deep accent wall on some short spot somewhere (or behind shelving, a la YHL).

i also LOOOOOVED the deep navy room on YHL, i think it looks really crisp and in a room w/ a lot of natural light, it's not atrociously dark (especially when paired w/ bright white furniture and a nice mirror) and it looks amazing (subjective opinion) with coral/orange/white accessories.

The Limited just snagged me with an email - 50% off everything! I went and picked a few random things that were already on sale and got them 50% off. $5 for a pair of pants that I'm totally willing to take a gamble on, $6.50 for a scarf and $20 for a pair of zebra print heels. I don't need any of this stuff.

The Limited just snagged me with an email - 50% off everything! I went and picked a few random things that were already on sale and got them 50% off. $5 for a pair of pants that I'm totally willing to take a gamble on, $6.50 for a scarf and $20 for a pair of zebra print heels. I don't need any of this stuff.

Now there's some nuRTQ!

stitchfix: scheduled!

so excited to see what they send... it's kind of like Christmas.

Yeah, we'll see. I probably should have just waited for fall/winter, but some of my summer work stuff is getting pretty tired. here's to hoping for great success!

Back