• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

What guy doesn’t love bridal shower gifts??? (That’s really weird.)

This thread was all the way on the seventh page. Sheesh. Anyway, just wanted to post fun prom story. Jack Jablonski is a high schooler who was paralyzed after a hit in a hockey game. He asked ESPN's Michelle Beadle to prom live on his radio show.

ESPN’s Michelle Beadle accepts Jack Jablonski’s radio prom-posal

The prom was last night:

With five weddings last year and nine this year, I know the baby boom is about to hit. I'm going to premake some blankets and have on stand by. What colors do y'all like? I'm going to knit some that are stereotypical female and make and some that are neutral. I know two will be chevron pattern.

http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Shine_Worsted_Yarn__D5420140.html

Picking the colors tends to be the hardest part for me.

With five weddings last year and nine this year, I know the baby boom is about to hit. I'm going to premake some blankets and have on stand by. What colors do y'all like? I'm going to knit some that are stereotypical female and make and some that are neutral. I know two will be chevron pattern.

http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Shine_Worsted_Yarn__D5420140.html

Picking the colors tends to be the hardest part for me.

I love that grapefruit color! I also think a Robot + Reef + Clementine combo would be pretty but that's kind of the color scheme I'm going for so I'm biased!

Hey chick thread, my fig tree is alive! The winter left it in rough shape, and most of what was above the ground looked dead, but in the last week a few new shoots have sprouted out of the base. It is almost embarassing how happy this made me.

Hey chick thread, my fig tree is alive! The winter left it in rough shape, and most of what was above the ground looked dead, but in the last week a few new shoots have sprouted out of the base. It is almost embarassing how happy this made me.

nothing shameful about that! congrats on the tree :)

7LATYC7.jpg

I heard stripes were hot for summer 2014 so I made this. It will close with buttons down the front. I was going to put green buttons on but they aren't the same green exactly. So maybe I should do red or orange? I have some of that exact green I can make a tshirt out of to wear this with and I have orange shoes. But maybe the tshirt should be white? What do you ladies thing on buttons/shirt?

7LATYC7.jpg

I heard stripes were hot for summer 2014 so I made this. It will close with buttons down the front. I was going to put green buttons on but they aren't the same green exactly. So maybe I should do red or orange? I have some of that exact green I can make a tshirt out of to wear this with and I have orange shoes. But maybe the tshirt should be white? What do you ladies thing on buttons/shirt?

My vote would be red or orange buttons so as not to contrast too much and take away from the stripes, which I love. Especially if it's not the exact same green.

7LATYC7.jpg

i would do red or neutral buttons if the green doesn't match exactly, and then do a crisp white shirt or a chambray shirt with it-- i think too much matchy matchy could start to look a little childish-- fun skirt though! I like the shape a lot.

Also agreed on a white shirt, but again that's because i love the stripes and would want to make them pop.

Thanks ladies! I'll head to Joann's at lunch tomorrow and see if they have red or orange!

I love that skirt! Great job. I agree - I think a white shirt would make the skirt stand out more and I think red buttons would be good. So cute!

Trying those Jamberry nail wrap things (a sample). They look pretty good. Will let y'all know how they last.
nezy4y2y.jpg

I'd never heard of them until you posted about them on FB- is it like a decal you rub onto your nail?

Yeah they were relatively easy (only the dotted one is one) though the first one doesn't look as good as that one (the second).

Leebs, they are basically stickers, yeah but supposed to last 2 weeks, cheaper and easier than a shellac manicure. Supposed to last 6 on toes. If I like them, I might have a FB party.

a9use7u7.jpg

Day 6. Jamberry still holding up, nail polish not so much. Definitely going to buy some/have a FB party.

Back