• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Halfway down page 2. Not cool. BTTT!

Made these Caramel Filled Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats for a Friends Thanksgiving over the weekend

Pumpkin-Spice-Caramel-Filled-Krispie-Treats.jpg

Only difference was that I used the pumpkin spice marshmallows in the middle too (not just mini mallows). They were pretty gooey and messy with the caramel, but very tasty (tasted more like caramel than pumpkin spice). I made LadyDeacToy take the leftovers to work today so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more of them at home.

Is anyone else addicted to Pinterest? One of my friends got me hooked last week. Now I really want some free time to cook and do crafty things.

Is anyone else addicted to Pinterest? One of my friends got me hooked last week. Now I really want some free time to cook and do crafty things.

I looked once and was confused about what I was supposed to do

My wife is. She got alot of good ideas for my 2-yo daughter's Minnie Mouse themed bday party from the site.

My sister is. My mother is crafty, so now my sister is taking photos, etc and posting them there.

Halfway down page 2. Not cool. BTTT!

Made these Caramel Filled Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats for a Friends Thanksgiving over the weekend

Pumpkin-Spice-Caramel-Filled-Krispie-Treats.jpg

Only difference was that I used the pumpkin spice marshmallows in the middle too (not just mini mallows). They were pretty gooey and messy with the caramel, but very tasty (tasted more like caramel than pumpkin spice). I made LadyDeacToy take the leftovers to work today so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more of them at home.

I don't even really like pumpkin spice flavor, but those look fantastic. Love the idea of the caramel sandwich, though I expect they'd need to be eaten pretty quickly because if that hardened up much it would be impossible to eat.

I don't even really like pumpkin spice flavor, but those look fantastic. Love the idea of the caramel sandwich, though I expect they'd need to be eaten pretty quickly because if that hardened up much it would be impossible to eat.

They really ended up tasting more like caramel than pumpkin, but you could totally make it with regular marshmallows and still do the caramel in the middle. It actually ends up staying really soft because you melt the caramels with sweetened condensed milk and butter (did I mentioned how healthy it is? :thumbsup:), so it doesn't get hard and chewy.

I don't have a page of my own but both of my sisters are hooked. I have been resisting getting one due to all the procrastination possibilities haha.

I'm absolutely addicted to pinterest. I've been trying really hard to stay away because I'm studying for finals, but every time I go for a "quick visit" I end up wasting about two hours looking up DIYs that I will never be able to do!

So anyone who's pinterest savvy care to explain it to the rest of us?

It's basically like a virtual bulletin board with lots of pretty pictures. You can create a "pin" from almost any picture that you see on the internet, or you can repin what others have posted. Each pin is actually a link to its original source, so it's really great for recipes and dyi crafts, etc. because you it doesn't just show you a picture of something that look good, it will send you to the source that shows you how to create it. People have multiple boards, all with different themes, which means that you can catalogue all of your recipes together on one board, and all of your fashion inspiration on another board.

I love looking at all of the creative ideas posted on pinterest and discovering new things. For instance, I am now obsessed with matte nail polish--something I had never heard of until pinterest.

Back