• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

that said, the couple i hiked with never could figure out how to actually get theirs zipped together. they said it should be able to happen, but they couldn't get it to work. so it may not be the best investment after all :)

Sounds like a boring marriage.

page 2!? can't let that happen!

i'm currently on cloud 9 because of an 8.8% raise and a 15% bonus! woohoo! the man-friend says now i have to take him out to dinner at someplace nice...like burger king. i told him i'd even spring for pizza peel (local charlotte pizza place that has a good beer selection). of course, that's just because my boss gave me a gift card there for christmas that i haven't used yet. ha :)

i'm currently on cloud 9 because of an 8.8% raise and a 15% bonus! woohoo! the man-friend says now i have to take him out to dinner at someplace nice...like burger king. i told him i'd even spring for pizza peel (local charlotte pizza place that has a good beer selection). of course, that's just because my boss gave me a gift card there for christmas that i haven't used yet. ha :)

Congrats!! That's exciting! I actually contemplated trying Burger King again because they have BOGO chicken sandwiches right now that actually look pretty good! Gift certificates definitely trump, though!

wow - that is huge! congrats!

I checked our performance review internal site and read my boss' very positive comments about my 2011, but we haven't actually had our review & comp discussion yet. +8.8% is WAY out of the realm of possibility though.

Pizza Peel has a nice vibe until they bring you the pizza. Then things go downhill. But they do have a good beer selection and live music on Thursdays.

Congrats! That's great.

Pizza Peel has a nice vibe until they bring you the pizza. Then things go downhill. But they do have a good beer selection and live music on Thursdays.

it's definitely not what i would pick if i could just teleport wherever i wanted in a split second. but given that it takes me less than 10 seconds to cross the street, it gets a decent amount of my business.

8.8, that's incredible. I get an automatic 3.8 COLA but that could be anything from 1.5 to 4.0. This is as high as its been in years.

Congrats!!

My company let us know that there will be no merit increases this year and no 401k match. Yet they want us to do more work with fewer people on the team. :wtf: Yes, time for a job search...

I don't work at a normal company so all of this stuff is very foreign to me.

Alright girls (and guys who stalk the girl thread...) I went on a very promising first date on Monday night. We had initially planned on just getting drinks, but then ended up ordering dinner and then when the waiter came by with the check, my date turned him away and ordered another drink so we could keep talking. (all super good signs, right?!)

So I haven't heard a word from him since... I realize it's only been one full day, but I really liked the guy! When should I cut my losses and give in to the fact that maybe he's just not that into me? Friday? Even before then?

Alright girls (and guys who stalk the girl thread...) I went on a very promising first date on Monday night. We had initially planned on just getting drinks, but then ended up ordering dinner and then when the waiter came by with the check, my date turned him away and ordered another drink so we could keep talking. (all super good signs, right?!)

So I haven't heard a word from him since... I realize it's only been one full day, but I really liked the guy! When should I cut my losses and give in to the fact that maybe he's just not that into me? Friday? Even before then?

Wait at least 3 days. Suspense is part of the fun.

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

As a guy who has gone on a couple first dates lately, wait a few days. Most guys don't want to seem overeager and/or desperate, so its normal to wait 2 or 3 days before saying anything.

And if you just can't wait, it wouldn't hurt to send him a quick text or something asking how his day is or something like that. If the guy is in to you, which it sounds like he is, then your text will be reassuring that you're just as into him.

I think this is a question that it would probably be good to have guy input on! I don't have much experience but it does seem like most pop culture references to first dates indicate that the guy "should" wait a few days before calling. Hopefully it's just that! I like Brasky's text idea, though.

Thanks guys for all the input! Okay so it sounds like I shouldn't freak out just yet. I'll definitely give it until Friday.

Personally I wouldn't call or text at all. If he's in to you he will let you know. I had many of the same type experiences prior to RD, yes he isn't the only one, and anytime I texted or called in too eager a fashion it never seemed to go anywhere. I'd also recommend to all single males and females to watch Millionaire Matchmaker. Patti Stanger will set you right on the dating do's and don'ts.

Back