• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Wedding dress shopping tomorrow with my mom!:eek:hnoes: Mostly nervous because my mom is pretty high strung and second guesses every decision and I am the exact opposite so hopefully there is a super awesome cheap dress that we both love.

Personally I wouldn't call or text at all. If he's in to you he will let you know. I had many of the same type experiences prior to RD, yes he isn't the only one, and anytime I texted or called in too eager a fashion it never seemed to go anywhere. I'd also recommend to all single males and females to watch Millionaire Matchmaker. Patti Stanger will set you right on the dating do's and don'ts.

yeah i generally take this approach too. I'm not going to say a word until maaaybe Friday at which point I'll either: A. throw in the towel since he must just not be into me or B. throw out a text just to see what happens since all's probably lost by that point.

Wedding dress shopping tomorrow with my mom!:eek:hnoes: Mostly nervous because my mom is pretty high strung and second guesses every decision and I am the exact opposite so hopefully there is a super awesome cheap dress that we both love.

hooray dress shopping!

Thanks guys for all the input! Okay so it sounds like I shouldn't freak out just yet. I'll definitely give it until Friday.

No idea what will end up happening, but it's definitely not at the point where you should be concerned yet.

Good luck. The first time I went my mom was great and it was fun, the second time it was all about her, the third time I went with my MOH and found my dress. My recommendation is be open to trying every type and style on...it makes for some good laughs, don't try anything on that isn't in your price range, be open to buying off the rack-I got mine off that rack for cheap and it was in great condition and don't get discouraged if you don't find it on the first visit. Have fun!

yeah i generally take this approach too. I'm not going to say a word until maaaybe Friday at which point I'll either: A. throw in the towel since he must just not be into me or B. throw out a text just to see what happens since all's probably lost by that point.

Yeah by Friday it probably not hurt. I'm so glad I not have to date anymore! Keep us posted.

I don't see any problem with shooting the guy a text on Thursday or Friday. I know I've gone out with girls and had a nice time but not wanted to break the bullshit "rules".

It's nice to objectively "know" the girl had a good time.

Have fun Cali! Also - TAKE PICTURES if they will let you! I took pictures of all of the contenders (front & back) and then came home and could look over the pictures, compare, and get some opinions. Seeing them in pictures really helped me a lot.

I don't see any problem with shooting the guy a text on Thursday or Friday. I know I've gone out with girls and had a nice time but not wanted to break the bullshit "rules".

It's nice to objectively "know" the girl had a good time.

My feeling as well.

I never follow the rules but I'm abnormal :noidea:

Fine :noidea:

Side note: I got twenty minutes away from the end of Gone With the Wind last night and my disc started skipping...don't know if it was the player or the disc, I'm thinking the player since it happened Sunday too and I got a new disc from Netflix. Mega pissed

Fine :noidea:

Side note: I got twenty minutes away from the end of Gone With the Wind last night and my disc started skipping...don't know if it was the player or the disc, I'm thinking the player since it happened Sunday too and I got a new disc from Netflix. Mega pissed

That sucks. Nothing is worse than disc failure near the end of the movie. It could have at least had the decency to screw up at the beginning before you got into it.

Still didn't hear anything last night... I'm thinking of going with the casual text tonight just to see how his week's going and say sorry for his loss on tuesday night (he's a wolfpacker). If nothing's there for him then no harm done and I can stop being so anxious about it!

That sucks. Nothing is worse than disc failure near the end of the movie. It could have at least had the decency to screw up at the beginning before you got into it.

well that was the replacement disc...the first one failed at intermission which I didn't really mind. So I'm thinking its my PS3 overheating or the laser is starting to go bad or something. I kept the disc and will try and finish tonight.

The same thing happened to me with Lawrence of Arabia a year or two ago but I never got a new copy, got frustrated and moved on

What prompted you to get gone with the wind?

I've in a classics mode, recently motivated to knock out the rest of the AFI top ten that I haven't seen

Back