• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Running is far cheaper than a lot of other sports- have fun paying for a boat, or ski travel, or equipment for other sports (i.e. bats, cleats, glove, etc. for baseball)- just isn't dirt cheap. Not much is.

Questions about the shellacs...how much more is it than regular manicure? And is it easy to take off? I realize it doesn't chip as quickly as a regular manicure, but when it does start to come off is it easy to take off the rest? I never get manicures because I feel like they don't last more than a couple days on me but I'd be curious about this!

And agreed on the Hanky Panky. I haven't bought any in a few years, but I love them. The thongs really are great. They're my favorite that I own for sure. And I wore these on my wedding day. Cute, comfy and didn't have to worry about picking any wedgies!

My normal manicure is $25 dollars (french tips). Shellacs are $35 (french tips). When I go in for my next manicure, they will remove the polish/gel and then do it again.

I prefer the thongs, but that's bc I hate vpl and bc I am so used to wearing thongs. I don't think I have worn anything else since middle school!

Ruelala is a little confusing at first, but is awesome. I am a ruelala, gilt groupe and hautelook addict. I am also a designer clothes addict, so that helps me justify it a little more. I basically buy for quality- I am a fabric snob more than a label whore and I can get some amazing things on those sites for a fraction of the price.

I have spent an embarrassing amount of money through Gilt Group. I love it so much. I also sometimes use Swirl, which is from the people that do Daily Candy.

Ohhhh snap now that exams are over I need to go shopping like whoa to find a new bathing suit and some new running stuff. I'm going to Charleston in a week and I need to look hot so I can feel like a human again after being in the library for a month.

so now there's a chance I will be heading to the beach in early June. I am afraid my MIL will think it's trashy for me to expose the bump, but it would be a good chance to wear my bikinis and start getting some color (especially since I'll likely have someone to help with sunscreen application, unlike at the pool)...I know this is an extension of a question I already asked, but what do you think? risk offending another generation and get the color I desperately need or wear the tent like one piece and get the color at the pool later?

is getting a tankini, then just exposing the bump while you're actually sunbathing an option? i would think that would be less "offensive" (i think it's ridiculous that she would be offended, but my mom is like that too, so i understand that there are people like that) because when you're just wandering around, it would be covered...

How's your relationship with your MIL? For example, I don't give a rat's ass what my MIL thinks of me (and vice versa) so I do what I want. But if you're concerned about her opinion, I'd probably cover the bump.

is getting a tankini, then just exposing the bump while you're actually sunbathing an option? i would think that would be less "offensive" (i think it's ridiculous that she would be offended, but my mom is like that too, so i understand that there are people like that) because when you're just wandering around, it would be covered...

I could probably achieve this with a t-shirt because I am trying to avoid buying any more maternity clothes (they can get astronomical!) Maybe that's a good plan

How's your relationship with your MIL? For example, I don't give a rat's ass what my MIL thinks of me (and vice versa) so I do what I want. But if you're concerned about her opinion, I'd probably cover the bump.

We have butted heads on many occasions but generally get along ok. So far in this pregnancy she disapproves of our decision to cloth diaper and have a doula as well as having made some comments about day care in the past. I guess I am just trying not to add fuel to the fire. Plus I don't want to hear about how scandalous I am for the rest of my life, so maybe I will just cover up so it's easier. Though I am leaning toward "I am going to be the person/parent I choose to be and you can deal with it" on some level.

Your mental and physical state of well being (and obviously your cargo) are the most important issue here. If wearing a bikini makes you the happiest, then so be it...do you cover your ink when around your MIL? Do what makes you the happiest for the sake of your immediate family. If your MIL gives you a hard time, have her give me a ring.

ooh the ink comparison is a good one. I definitely don't cover it up and while I know she doesn't love it, she hasn't said anything since the very first time she asked about why I have tattoos and everyone has lived just fine.

Not to get too personal, but if you have stretch marks by then (if you even get them) don't expose them to the sun if you want them to go away.

I think the tankini and then lift it is a good option. Otherwise I say maybe don't rock the boat. Pos rep on the cloth diapers!

I too am now looking at the hanky panky site and am so baffled at "one size," as has already been discussed. they look a lot like my preferred VS lace-waist undies, at least in terms of the band. They are really good at avoiding VPL.

Back