• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

no chance I'd take a man shopping. but it would also likely be obvious that I'm far from a "qualified guide" as my fashion sense is not so strong.

I don't bring my wife along when I shop. I know what I want usually and she just slows me down when I ask her opinion. I also walk really fast in the mall. The only reason I go shopping is to see if the clothes fit, otherwise I'd buy most everything online. I tend to be less price sensitive than she is. There are some classic high quality pieces that men should possess and those things don't go on sale very much, especially in the better brands. So if I'm going to pay $500 for a pair of loafers, I know I'm not going to find them marked down to $150 at the end of the season and they'll last me several years. Same with a blue blazer or a nice belt.

ETA: I do occasionally visit the mall with my wife, but we wind up going to different parts of the same department store and meeting back up.

Last edited:
surprisingly, i prob wouldn't love taking a guy shopping for a first date. seems like i should know more about his personality before doing something like that. a third or fourth date though? dude i'd be all over it.

As thanks for your careful responses, I bring you more Hammsicle

jon-hamm-penis-1003-lead-600x450.jpg

my friends and i are having a girly crafty night next week to carve pumpkins and make halloween crafts in preparation for our halloween throwdown in a couple of weeks. any awesome halloween/fall inspired crafty ideas, ladies?

So gals, if you are wearing short boots with a skirt, what do you usually wear under them?

Earlier this week I wore ankle boots without any sock, and it felt odd. In cooler weather I'll wear tights but if I'm going bare-leg then do I need to consider socks of some variety. And I suppose this goes for other shoes too. I know some people who wear little nylon footie socks even inside flats. I wore some short athletic socks inside ankle boots last week, which worked okay, but I would feel strange wearing cotton athletic socks with dressy clothes, even if the idea is that you don't see them.

Protip: As long as you're going commando, the guys won't care if you opt for comfort over style with the sock selection.

I was inspired by Chicdeac to finally try dying my hair on my own at home. I bought what I thought was a shade slightly darker than my current color in the John Frieda foam line. It was called "Dark Golden Blonde" or something. Even though I followed the directions, I still managed to screw it up. It turned out to be pretty dark and auburn. However, it's a happy accident because I'm really digging it! I've always wanted to try red but was never gutsy enough to do it and I always assumed it would look ridiculous on me. I'm definitely keeping this for a while and I'm actually hoping the red doesn't disappear after a few washings (which is likely to happen). Anyway, next time I may not be so lucky. If I try this again with a different shade, what do I do to be sure it turns out exactly like the color promised on the box? Did I just pick the wrong shade for my hair or what? I think this shade was maybe a few shades darker than I should have gone.

I was inspired by Chicdeac to finally try dying my hair on my own at home. I bought what I thought was a shade slightly darker than my current color in the John Frieda foam line. It was called "Dark Golden Blonde" or something. Even though I followed the directions, I still managed to screw it up. It turned out to be pretty dark and auburn. However, it's a happy accident because I'm really digging it! I've always wanted to try red but was never gutsy enough to do it and I always assumed it would look ridiculous on me. I'm definitely keeping this for a while and I'm actually hoping the red doesn't disappear after a few washings (which is likely to happen). Anyway, next time I may not be so lucky. If I try this again with a different shade, what do I do to be sure it turns out exactly like the color promised on the box? Did I just pick the wrong shade for my hair or what? I think this shade was maybe a few shades darker than I should have gone.

It often time depends on your hair base and skin tone. For instance, I was told to avoid tones with ash in them. Ask whoever does your hair what they would recommend. Tell them you are just trying it out to see if you want to do something more permanent.

Warning: Dying your hair once can lead to a lifetime of dye jobs because it is addicting!

It often time depends on your hair base and skin tone. For instance, I was told to avoid tones with ash in them. Ask whoever does your hair what they would recommend. Tell them you are just trying it out to see if you want to do something more permanent.

Warning: Dying your hair once can lead to a lifetime of dye jobs because it is addicting!

Thanks WakeGal! Oh boy, I think I'm already hooked. I've been letting my stylist dye my hair for a year now and it's been so much fun. I was too shy to ask her because I felt like I was being unfaithful, so I just went for it. Should have done more research, though. Now that I'm taking the time to google I'm learning there is a lot of information available about doing it yourself.

So gals, if you are wearing short boots with a skirt, what do you usually wear under them?

Earlier this week I wore ankle boots without any sock, and it felt odd. In cooler weather I'll wear tights but if I'm going bare-leg then do I need to consider socks of some variety. And I suppose this goes for other shoes too. I know some people who wear little nylon footie socks even inside flats. I wore some short athletic socks inside ankle boots last week, which worked okay, but I would feel strange wearing cotton athletic socks with dressy clothes, even if the idea is that you don't see them.

if i know they can't be seen, i wear whatever is comfortable. i'm always lovin' any outfit that allows me to throw on smartwools... especially if it's dressy clothes. i feel like i'm cheating because it's so comfy.

my friends and i are having a girly crafty night next week to carve pumpkins and make halloween crafts in preparation for our halloween throwdown in a couple of weeks. any awesome halloween/fall inspired crafty ideas, ladies?

check out goinghometoroost.com - she has a cool pumpkin carving post this week!

sweet ideas! love the rug, awar! we're def. doing these i think:

chicken wire ghost people for the front yard
91831279871788872_4zgZY5a6_b.jpg

10977592812944449_19PBbstP_b.jpg

248401735666652999_ZoMemwmf_b.jpg

32017847320984151_kZwXeVHy_b.jpg

my only concern w/ chicken wire ghost people is that i see drunk people trying to dance with them... and ultimately stabbing their faces on chicken wire.

just be careful, lol.

my only concern w/ chicken wire ghost people is that i see drunk people trying to dance with them... and ultimately stabbing their faces on chicken wire.

just be careful, lol.

LOL didn't think of that, but that is a concern.

Love those chicken wire things! They look so beautiful and well.. ghostly. Der

I'll second the recommendation to ask your stylist. (For me, I was told to use the ash colors to keep it from getting reddish, so maybe that's what happened to lalark.)

Back