• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shittiest part of North Carolina

What is the shittiest part of North Carolina?

• The lovely Gastonia / Shelby / Spindale corridor

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Fayettenam / Lumberton

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Chadbourn / Whiteville / Bladenboro triangle

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Appalachia NC version (I’m looking at you Canton / Waynesville)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Henderson to Oxford

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Charlotte obvi

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters
There's a huge Campbell's soup plant in Maxton. Not far from the old Converse All-Stars plant in Lumberton (which has been demolished).

Racist for sure; if only googling "where did Black Ankle, NC get its name?" was a possibility, we could confirm it.
What's with NC and it's obsession with black substances on feet?

Having just driven through Rockingham/Wadesboro, that corridor seems like a notable omission.
Ha yeah, it’s one of the few spots I’ve just never ever been to, even in passing. I’ve also never hit the Cherryville / Lincolnton / Denver run. I couldn’t tell you anything about it other than i think that’s where the Surratt boys grew up.

Ha yeah, it’s one of the few spots I’ve just never ever been to, even in passing. I’ve also never hit the Cherryville / Lincolnton / Denver run. I couldn’t tell you anything about it other than i think that’s where the Surratt boys grew up.
This is not bad at all compared to most on the list. My in-laws technically live in Denver and are in a nice community with a golf course and some houses backing up to Lake Norman. The further away you get from the lake/CLT, generally, the worse it gets though.

Weirdly I always just assumed someone had gotten a really bad sprained ankle around there.

Denver has become one of the nicer areas of the state, tons of money there. The traffic is brutal because there is basically only one main road, but it has been sucked in by Charlotte and is kind of like a Ballantyne West, with several golf courses and the lake. Plus several nice breweries and restaurants have opened in recent years.

Lincolnton is fine also, still more rural and right around the 150/321 interchange is like any other interchange, but overall it is okay.

I've never played there but I have a friend who regularly plays at Westport and calls it a dog track. Is that true ? Denver on the whole isn't that great, but has all the suburban retail stuff near the interchanges that makes it livable for someone who needs food, etc. But the traffic is straight up awful on N NC 16 Business Highway.

Never played it. Have always liked Cowan's Ford (where the in-laws are), and excited to play it after the new Spence renovation.

Never played it. Have always liked Cowan's Ford (where the in-laws are), and excited to play it after the new Spence renovation.

When you look at both of those tracks, they could have wound up with true signature courses with holes on the shores of Lake Norman, but they went with profit maximization and built houses on the shore instead. And then Cowans Ford has the gall to name one of their streets St Andrews Lane, like they have holes on the ocean.

Heading out to Wingate, Aberdeen, and Carthage right now.

Westport is fine for what it is and its age. It's not Quail Hollow but is similar to some of the other South CLT courses. Verdict Ridge is pretty nice and somewhat challenging given the hills, and Cowan's Ford is decent.

Don’t get the Denver dissing. I’ve been out there pretty frequently and I’ve had to work out there some too and it’s a nice little place. Ditto for Lincolnton.

Back