• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

So it's the form of the dialogue, not the content. Good to know. I'll presume that's why you weren't equally outraged by comments about a "possible" nightmare scenario.

To me it comes down to the idea that if we didn't have semi-auto weapons, it would be really difficult to kill 49 people and injure another 50+.

Sure, it would be cool if we could trust anyone to own a gun, but we can't.

Junebug is one of many conservatives who spent 24 hours pretending to care about 50 dead gays and allies and he's getting tired of it.

You should be expecting a neg rep from 923 any minute now.

Actually, two, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
So it's the form of the dialogue, not the content. Good to know. I'll presume that's why you weren't equally outraged by comments about a "possible" nightmare scenario.
What the fuck are you even talking about? For a lawyer you suck at analyzing hypotheticals - this instance being that Pulse, and FL chose to allow guns in bars BEFORE Omar Mateen happened.

There is no solution to this problem. Each side of the argument can make a valid point. You ban guns, and citizens become defenseless.You keep things the same way and people will blame loose gun laws for these attacks. Somethings gotta give, but IMO, preventing a person from protecting their family, is the wrong choice. There needs to be a strict middle ground with psychological evaluation, background check, I'd even go with drug tests, multiple character references, etc...I'm cool with jumping through hoops to buy a handgun even if it takes 10 steps and prevents terrible events like Orlando.

Are the citizens in Australia defenseless? Hmm. Maybe you should check out this data.

https://www.unodc.org/gsh/en/data.html

Greater chance of being murdered in the US than in nearly all European countries, Austrailia, NZ, most Asian countries, and a surprising amount of South American and African countries. The myth that we're safer from each other is just more bullshit rah-rah exceptionalism. We may be the best at NASCAR or Football or being fat, we are not the best at not murdering each other.

Last edited:
There is no solution to this problem. Each side of the argument can make a valid point. You ban guns, and citizens become defenseless.You keep things the same way and people will blame loose gun laws for these attacks. Somethings gotta give, but IMO, preventing a person from protecting their family, is the wrong choice. There needs to be a strict middle ground with psychological evaluation, background check, I'd even go with drug tests, multiple character references, etc...I'm cool with jumping through hoops to buy a handgun even if it takes 10 steps and prevents terrible events like Orlando.

That's not a "middle ground." That's the position of people in favor of gun control.

Are the citizens in Australia defenseless? Hmm. Maybe you should check out this data.

https://www.unodc.org/gsh/en/data.html

Greater chance of being murdered in the US than in nearly all European countries, Austrailia, NZ, most Asian countries, and a surprising amount of South American and African countries. The myth that we're safer from each other is just more bullshit rah-rah exceptionalism. We may be the best at NASCAR or Football or being fat, we are not the best at not murdering each other.

And you think that's directly related to our loose gun laws? You can't just take away a right we've had for over 200 years without serious repercussions. Life is different in the United States than it is in all of those Countries your naming.

I'm confused as to what you're arguing. Do you think that Americans have some unique need for guns, moreso than any other country on earth, even though those guns don't make us safer than other countries without a massive proliferation of guns? Is that your argument?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

And you think that's directly related to our loose gun laws? You can't just take away a right we've had for over 200 years without serious repercussions. Life is different in the United States than it is in all of those Countries your naming.

In what way is life in the US massively different than Australia

You fucking dumbshits, the guy had been hanging around that bar for years and trolling for men on gay dating sites. Looks to me like he was struggling with being gay himself and went nuts.

The ISIS/terrorist organization talk sounds to me like just tough talking. He had no ties, no support.

I have guns and support much much stricter gun laws, and if they were banned altogether I would give them up. Calm down about 200 year old rights silly

The point Im trying to make is you can't just completely ban the purchase of guns in the United States because a handful of jackasses ruin it for everyone else. These jackasses can be white or black Christians, Muslims, etc., it doesn't matter. If someone wants to get their hands on guns that badly, they will, despite the laws.
My middle ground is an intense vetting system, with multiple steps, but keeping it possible for innocent families to go through the steps and obtain a firearm for safety.

The point Im trying to make is you can't just completely ban the purchase of guns in the United States because a handful of jackasses ruin it for everyone else. These jackasses can be white or black Christians, Muslims, etc., it doesn't matter. If someone wants to get their hands on guns that badly, they will, despite the laws.
My middle ground is an intense vetting system, with multiple steps, but keeping it possible for innocent families to go through the steps and obtain a firearm for safety.

We can do anything we want if we utilize the government apparatus to change laws. If enough support is there, we can ban ice cream. We're the goddamn United States.

SERIOUS REPERCUSSIONS !

We can do anything we want if we utilize the government apparatus to change laws. If enough support is there, we can ban ice cream. We're the goddamn United States.

This. I have to take my shoes off before getting on a plane because one guy one time tried to hide a bomb in his shoe.

Back