• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

There are three ingredients to this problem. Guns, religion and idiots. We can't make any progress because people on the extreme left only want to address guns, people on the extreme right only want to address (other peoples') religion, and political and religious extremists on all sides are generally idiots.

We need to deal with fundamentalist Muslims, fundamentalist Christians and the over-abundance of guns. Not just one or the other. Until people stop regurgitating dogma force-fed to them by whatever synthetic truth they have been conditioned to believe, we're fucked.

Last edited:
There are three ingredients to this problem. Guns, religion and idiots. We can't make any progress because people on the extreme left only want to address guns, people on the extreme right only want to address (other peoples') religion, and political and religious extremists on all sides are generally idiots.

We need to deal with fundamentalist Muslims, fundamentalist Christians and the over-abundance of guns. Not just one or the other. Until people stop regurgitating dogma force-fed to them by whatever synthetic truth they have been conditioned to believe, we're fucked.

youre forgetting mental health.

The FBI agent on TV yesterday said that they interviewed Mateen's coworkers. So yeah, the Gilroy probably did know the FBI was investigating because he was probably the one interviewed. But keep doing everything you can to avoid blaming the Muslim.
While you're working tirelessly to paint every non-islamophobic post as apologizing. Sorry bud, i've got a working brain and I don't need to condemn a whole fucking religion of billions to recognize a problem. If the FBI investigation was as prominent as you claim, then why did your stupid Breitbart article focus on the terrorists employment status. Who gives a shit if his boss didn't realize he was a threat.

But you can't bring up the actions of fundamentalist Christians to many, nor can you say fundamentalists on both sides are equally crazy. You have to be able to save sales data on weapons background checks, purchases and ammo purchases. We need to include divorces that are based on spousal abuse as well as abuse that has been proven.

The mental health aspect is a little trickier but needs to be included.

While you're working tirelessly to paint every non-islamophobic post as apologizing. Sorry bud, i've got a working brain and I don't need to condemn a whole fucking religion of billions to recognize a problem. If the FBI investigation was as prominent as you claim, then why did your stupid Breitbart article focus on the terrorists employment status. Who gives a shit if his boss didn't realize he was a threat.

Yeah, is there anyone here who doesn't believe a bunch of Islamic extremists are a serious problem? Or that Islam is used in a bunch of countries to curtail women's rights? I mean, is it too nuanced a stance to believe that Islamic terrorists are a serious threat without declaring war on the entire religion, which constitutes a good chunk of the planet?

Do the liberals here really think that this is just another "gun problem"? If so, that's really scary.....that supposedly intelligent & educated people cannot see what is going on here (and around the world).

I realize that PC is strong stuff in liberal circles, but come on guys, open your eyes for a change.

Religion is bad because it's fake. The modern Muslim religion is the worst because it's a place where hate and terrible ideas are legitimized by a lot of people.

To be clear, the majority of Muslims don't share these bad ideas and won't provide safe harbor to them. But even if it's 10%, that's a hundred million people. All for a believe system that is utter bullshit, and no more real than Jonah living in a fucking whale.

Oh, and count me as a liberal who is terrified of the PC crowd and who hates the fact that liberals are cool with denigrating the religion of the white majority, but not calling out Islam.

Religion is bad because it's fake. The modern Muslim religion is the worst because it's a place where hate and terrible ideas are legitimized by a lot of people.

To be clear, the majority of Muslims don't share these bad ideas and won't provide safe harbor to them. But even if it's 10%, that's a hundred million people. All for a believe system that is utter bullshit, and no more real than Jonah living in a fucking whale.

Oh, and count me as a liberal who is terrified of the PC crowd and who hates the fact that liberals are cool with denigrating the religion of the white majority, but not calling out Islam.

Many people here have called out the fundamentalists of each religion. each is very dangerous.

This is similar to the concept that right versus left is linear situation. It's much more like a circle. The extremes of each meet. There is little difference between them.

There is one thing that's stuck in my craw--how could this have happened in a bar when guns aren't allowed in bars?

There is one thing that's stuck in my craw--how could this have happened in a bar when guns aren't allowed in bars?
You assume that private establishments, that sell alcohol, ban weapons to stop mass murders? I think that's a stupid assumption.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Like barca said, he killed the bouncer.

Four states allow guns in bars - TN,VA, AZ, GA. Eighteen others allow guns in restaurants that serve alcohol.

But why would he take a gun in the bar? I mean, it's illegal, right? Just like it's prohibited to have guns in schools in Connecticut and Colorado and in and movie theaters in Colorado.

Like barca said, he killed the bouncer.

Four states allow guns in bars - TN,VA, AZ, GA. Eighteen others allow guns in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Had never heard of Louie Gohmert until almost exactly four years ago after the Aurora theatre massacre. Following the massacre, Gohmert was the only hapless GOP chucklehead who would shamelessly pimp for the NRA. Whined about how it would have turned out better if everyone had been heavily armed. Apparently he's unaware that movies are shown in dark rooms with few exits. A bunch of cowboys firing in the dark while people were fleeing would have maximized casualties.

Apparently legislators in those states have never been in bars. Bunch of drunks trying to get laid in a crowded confined space is far from ideal for a mass shootout. Double digit people were wounded by trained NYC cops during a shootout in broad daylight near the Empire State Building.

The FBI agent on TV yesterday said that they interviewed Mateen's coworkers. So yeah, the Gilroy probably did know the FBI was investigating because he was probably the one interviewed. But keep doing everything you can to avoid blaming the Muslim.

You assume that private establishments, that sell alcohol, ban weapons to stop mass murders? I think that's a stupid assumption.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't think you get Junebug's point.

But why would he take a gun in the bar? I mean, it's illegal, right? Just like it's prohibited to have guns in schools in Connecticut and Colorado and in and movie theaters in Colorado.

People do illegal things. That's why the laws should make it hard as possible to do them.

Back