• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

Jesus Christ Sailor.

I hope this is a long com game for saying "PEOPLE ARE MAKING THE SAME ARGUMENTS ABOUT GUNS"

learn to read posts

your post said "males are a necessity, Muslims are not" when the question posed was "Almost all mass shooters are males, should we ban men from America too?"

How else should I have read that?

How would you determine this? Asking immigrants to identify their religion? Once we announce we're not letting any more Muslims in, won't they just start checking "Sikh"?

I think Trump is suggesting no immigration from certain countries- all of which just happen to be Muslim countries. But if they want to immigrate from Germany or somewhere, they might be able to slip through the cracks.

Here's a better argument: our entire foreign policy and military strategy vis a vis ISIS depends on the goodwill and cooperation of millions of Muslims and their governments who are fighting, bleeding, and dying every day trying to put those barbarians back into the pit from whence they came. We are also trying to deal with the rise of China, which is in close proximity to several predominately Muslim countries that are US allies. I could go on, but suffice it to say that announcing a "Muslim ban", whatever that means, is one of the most effective ways I can think of to harm our national foreign policy and security interests.

Furthermore, announcing such an blatantly discriminatory policy will alienate, offend, and potentially radicalize all the Muslim-American citizens who are already in this country. There are 3.3 million of them. They, I will remind everyone, are just like Omar Mateen in that they have every Constitutional right afforded to atheists, Baptists and Rastafarians to exercise their religion AND purchase all the firearms and ammo they can carry home. So a "Muslim ban" right now is about the best way I can think of to create more Omar Mateens in the short run.

But carry on with your concerns that unless we shut the borders, the radicals are going to get in and breed little jihadi babies.

Anybody else struggling to figure out why radical Islamists are a bigger problem than all other assholes who commit violent crime around the world to the point that we have to ban everybody of their nationality and/or religion from entering the country?

Here's a better argument: our entire foreign policy and military strategy vis a vis ISIS depends on the goodwill and cooperation of millions of Muslims and their governments who are fighting, bleeding, and dying every day trying to put those barbarians back into the pit from whence they came. We are also trying to deal with the rise of China, which is in close proximity to several predominately Muslim countries that are US allies. I could go on, but suffice it to say that announcing a "Muslim ban", whatever that means, is one of the most effective ways I can think of to harm our national foreign policy and security interests.

Furthermore, announcing such an blatantly discriminatory policy will alienate, offend, and potentially radicalize all the Muslim-American citizens who are already in this country. There are 3.3 million of them. They, I will remind everyone, are just like Omar Mateen in that they have every Constitutional right afforded to atheists, Baptists and Rastafarians to exercise their religion AND purchase all the firearms and ammo they can carry home. So a "Muslim ban" right now is about the best way I can think of to create more Omar Mateens in the short run.

But carry on with your concerns that unless we shut the borders, the radicals are going to get in and breed little jihadi anchor babies.

Don't forget.

But carry on with your concerns that unless we shut the borders, the radicals are going to get in and breed little jihadi babies.

No I like your angle lets make sure we do not anger them so we don't radicalize them. Holy fuck what a religion. Which one is this that you speak of . The one that will kill us if we offend them ? Tell us quickly so we can ask them how to protect ourselves.

No I like your angle lets make sure we do not anger them so we don't radicalize them. Holy fuck what a religion. Which one is this that you speak of . The one that will kill us if we offend them ? Tell us quickly so we can ask them how to protect ourselves.

The fact you can read his post and *still* walk away saying this is truly amazing.

Relationships with Muslim American communities are also important in identifying potential domestic threats.

Inside the FBI’s Secret Muslim Network

I have no real knowledge of how our immigration policies work, or what they even are. Do people from other countries have any kind of 'right' to immigrate into the US? Is there some sort of process whereby we allow legal immigration? Does that process include any kind of vetting? Do we place any limitations on how many people can immigrate in a given year? Are there any limitations or restrictions at all?

These are real questions that I don't know the answer to - I am not trying to put forth any position whatsoever on this issue...

I have no real knowledge of how our immigration policies work, or what they even are. Do people from other countries have any kind of 'right' to immigrate into the US? Is there some sort of process whereby we allow legal immigration? Does that process include any kind of vetting? Do we place any limitations on how many people can immigrate in a given year? Are there any limitations or restrictions at all?

These are real questions that I don't know the answer to - I am not trying to put forth any position whatsoever on this issue...

Why do you want to know???

Back