• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

Well, that's why I asked if you were advocating for a country-specific ban. Assuming one was so inclined, I don't see any practical way to exclude Muslims that couldn't be easily gamed.

We and Europe are in a mess. Our own freedoms are being used against us. And ignoring, or downplaying, the problem will only make it worse.

Well this thread brings it all together for me and makes perfect sense.

White nation
Gun toting
No people of other religions
No commielibs
No gay people

No wonder people are voting Trump.

Here's a better argument: our entire foreign policy and military strategy vis a vis ISIS depends on the goodwill and cooperation of millions of Muslims and their governments who are fighting, bleeding, and dying every day trying to put those barbarians back into the pit from whence they came. We are also trying to deal with the rise of China, which is in close proximity to several predominately Muslim countries that are US allies. I could go on, but suffice it to say that announcing a "Muslim ban", whatever that means, is one of the most effective ways I can think of to harm our national foreign policy and security interests.

Furthermore, announcing such an blatantly discriminatory policy will alienate, offend, and potentially radicalize all the Muslim-American citizens who are already in this country. There are 3.3 million of them. They, I will remind everyone, are just like Omar Mateen in that they have every Constitutional right afforded to atheists, Baptists and Rastafarians to exercise their religion AND purchase all the firearms and ammo they can carry home. So a "Muslim ban" right now is about the best way I can think of to create more Omar Mateens in the short run.

But carry on with your concerns that unless we shut the borders, the radicals are going to get in and breed little jihadi babies.

Your argument would be far more convincing if these so-called friendly Muslim governments were not either criminally incompetent at stopping their own citizens, or subjects, from financing Islamic radicalism and often uninterested in stopping their own officials from turning a blind eye to and cooperating with these radical groups. The entire Islamic community, and a number of western governments, need a wake up call. We have a vary serious problem at the heart of Islam, and ignoring it, or denying that what ISIS does is a part of Islam, will only make matters worse, both short and long term.

White nation
Gun toting
No commielibs
No gay people

No one on this thread is advocating for any of this and neither is Trump.

I have no real knowledge of how our immigration policies work, or what they even are. Do people from other countries have any kind of 'right' to immigrate into the US? Is there some sort of process whereby we allow legal immigration? Does that process include any kind of vetting? Do we place any limitations on how many people can immigrate in a given year? Are there any limitations or restrictions at all?

These are real questions that I don't know the answer to - I am not trying to put forth any position whatsoever on this issue...
It's something along these lines:

1693497_orig.jpg

White nation
Gun toting
No commielibs
No gay people

This appears to be some form of PC inflicted malady that is manifested by the inability to consider views different from our own as anything but some form of irrationality or prejudice.

"No people of other religions"
Isn't Trump's daughter, the hot one, married to a Jewish fella.

nice sentiments, different days

And truth be told, he himself has to know how disastrous that sentiment would prove to be for the US if followed through to it's logical conclusion. The population in Africa is set to double by 2050. The continent is already a disaster for most people living there, not to mention the environmental catastrophe. Should we take in a continent's worth of people. I get it, it feels good to act morally superior, especially when you're not one of the people who is being directly negatively impacted by immigration (in terms of employment), but some of us choose to deal with the reality of what's happening and the costs of immigration.

Barca and leebs, while I'm fairly certain you both are largely immune to facts when it comes to immigration, I'm still gonna share this unpleasant reality with you:

The average household headed by an immigrant (legal or illegal) costs taxpayers $6,234 in federal welfare benefits, which is 41 percent higher than the $4,431 received by the average native household.

The average immigrant household consumes 33 percent more cash welfare, 57 percent more food assistance, and 44 percent more Medicaid dollars than the average native household. Housing costs are about the same for both groups.

At $8,251, households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico have the highest welfare costs of any sending region — 86 percent higher than the costs of native households.

Illegal immigrant households cost an average of $5,692 (driven largely by the presence of U.S.-born children), while legal immigrant households cost $6,378.

The greater consumption of welfare dollars by immigrants can be explained in large part by their lower level of education and larger number of children compared to natives. Over 24 percent of immigrant households are headed by a high school dropout, compared to just 8 percent of native households. In addition, 13 percent of immigrant households have three or more children, vs. just 6 percent of native households.

http://cis.org/Cost-Welfare-Immigrant-Native-Households

It's way past time we start to become much more selective in who we let come live here.

Barca and leebs, while I'm fairly certain you both are largely immune to facts when it comes to immigration, I'm still gonna share this unpleasant reality with you:

The average household headed by an immigrant (legal or illegal) costs taxpayers $6,234 in federal welfare benefits, which is 41 percent higher than the $4,431 received by the average native household.

The average immigrant household consumes 33 percent more cash welfare, 57 percent more food assistance, and 44 percent more Medicaid dollars than the average native household. Housing costs are about the same for both groups.

At $8,251, households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico have the highest welfare costs of any sending region — 86 percent higher than the costs of native households.

Illegal immigrant households cost an average of $5,692 (driven largely by the presence of U.S.-born children), while legal immigrant households cost $6,378.

The greater consumption of welfare dollars by immigrants can be explained in large part by their lower level of education and larger number of children compared to natives. Over 24 percent of immigrant households are headed by a high school dropout, compared to just 8 percent of native households. In addition, 13 percent of immigrant households have three or more children, vs. just 6 percent of native households.

http://cis.org/Cost-Welfare-Immigrant-Native-Households

...I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything. I'm also not sure where you're coming off saying that I'm "immune to facts."
Thanks for the information, though. Good read. Nice work.

White nation
Gun toting
No commielibs
No gay people

What, you thought Trump invented xenophobia? He's a salesman, and right now he is just selling people exactly what they want, fear & anger. He's just lathering up the rubes to immortalize his brand name.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We and Europe are in a mess. Our own freedoms are being used against us. And ignoring, or downplaying, the problem will only make it worse.

And Obama is a big part of the problem, because that is exactly what he is doing. He is more interested in multi-cultural diversity than the safety of the American people.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/obama-puts-multiculturalism-americans-safety/

For the most part, it's about building a political power base of predictable votes for the Democratic Party. What's best for the country is not a primary....or even secondary....concern.

Last edited:
...I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything. I'm also not sure where you're coming off saying that I'm "immune to facts."
Thanks for the information, though. Good read. Nice work.

When I suggested we should start being more selective when it comes to who we let immigrate here you said we shoud not "limit their ability to come based on their wealth or knowledge". Given the costs (not just the financial impact on native born workers/taxpayers), but the environmental impact and quality of life issues, the position you and Barca seem to have regarding immigration, that the current system is sustainable and everything is hunky dory, seems naive and immune to reason.

I recall criticizing our immigration policies and Barca's response was "Do you hate immigrants". LOL That's what people who want to start seeing an open and honest discussion about immigration have been up against. The sanctimonious types always fall back on "Racist/Why do you hate immigrants", as if there couldn't possibly be legitimate reasons to curb immigration.

Back