• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shots fired on Capitol Hill

it looks like she fled, and there's a wrecked cruiser as well.

Uh.... So a woman with a child in her car backed into a police cruiser, then took off and ended up getting shot?

Yikes.

So some woman in a normal motorized vehicle tried to ram the gates of the White House?

Brilliant plan dear.

normal? come on, dude. it was a LUXURY automobile.

Apparently the culmination of the incident happened right by my old apartment (basically across the street from Hart Senate building). Yikes!

What I read was woman with child in car tried to ram WH gates. Fled towards Capitol. Exchanged gunfire with Capitol/DC police.

Just to be clear - you can't get a car all that close to the actual White House gates. They're talking about the checkpoints off to the sides of Pennsylvania Ave that has barricade cylinders to prevent cars from driving in. Apparently she hit those, then sped off, hit another police car, and they authorized deadly force to stop her after she ran a bunch of lights speeding towards the capital.

Just to be clear - you can't get a car all that close to the actual White House gates. They're talking about the checkpoints off to the sides of Pennsylvania Ave that has barricade cylinders to prevent cars from driving in. Apparently she hit those, then sped off, hit another police car, and they authorized deadly force to stop her after she ran a bunch of lights speeding towards the capital.

So she didn't fire any shots? Or did she?

So she didn't fire any shots? Or did she?

Just heard a couple witnesses saying they don't think she had a gun or fired at anyone. They just saw police draw weapons and fire into the car. The police said they didn't realize a child was in the car.

Just heard a couple witnesses saying they don't think she had a gun or fired at anyone. They just saw police draw weapons and fire into the car. The police said they didn't realize a child was in the car.

So I guess the reports of an officer down are either the result of "friendly" fire or being hit by her car. Seems pretty crazy that they couldn't box a car in and had to resort to shooting the driver.

Think they said all officer injuries were related to car accidents.

If you could see what my wife has done to my garage door you might think the plan could work ;-)
So some woman in a normal motorized vehicle tried to ram the gates of the White House?

Brilliant plan dear.

Taking bets...

Off her meds angry at the government?

Doesn't speak much English, got scared by an accidental altercation and panicked?

Protester trying to make a scene who didn't think the police would shoot her?

Taking bets...

Off her meds angry at the government?

Doesn't speak much English, got scared by an accidental altercation and panicked?

Protester trying to make a scene who didn't think the police would shoot her?

Tea Partier. Hates Obamacare. Blames Obama for shutting down government.

Seems totally obvious to me.

Saw somewhere that was the result of one of the retractable barriers popping up while he was driving over it.

That would make sense...was trying to envision how a car crash would cause so much "upward" movement of sheet metal. Probably a good chance the injured officer was in that car.

Back