• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Obama compromise/negotiate with the Tea Party?

As a furloughed federal employee my self, I say Obama should not give in and negotiate with these mother fuckers. However, if this continues past Thursday, I'll be looking for a new job.

As a furloughed federal employee my self, I say Obama should not give in and negotiate with these mother fuckers. However, if this continues past Thursday, I'll be looking for a new job.

Which is what Republicans want.

If it goes past Thursday, I am pretty sure we are all fucked, not just my paycheck. If Republicans want that, they don't know what they are asking for.

GOP should realize the lost generation will never ever vote republican if they trigger another recession. Like, never ever.

If it goes past Thursday, I am pretty sure we are all fucked, not just my paycheck. If Republicans want that, they don't know what they are asking for.

Lower taxes, less government.

Lower taxes, less government.

I am guessing you realize that the reality will not be that simple. In fact were the US to default on its obligations a highly likely outcome is much higher taxes and less government just to cover the interest payments on the debt already accrued.

Which is doubly fucked since the reason the debt ceiling is so high in the first place is because the Fed had to take extraordinary measures to hold the global financial system together during the latest recession. The fact that we could be constricted in our borrowing in a follow-up crisis would be pretty freaking scary.

I am guessing you realize that the reality will not be that simple. In fact were the US to default on its obligations a highly likely outcome is much higher taxes and less government just to cover the interest payments on the debt already accrued.

Oh no doubt. I'm just telling you how Republicans see things. They're idiots.

Oh no doubt. I'm just telling you how Republicans see things. They're idiots.

Oh I realize they are idiots. Self inflicted national default as a health care policy maneuver is about as stupid governing as I have ever heard of. Idiocracy in the works...Duane Moutain Dew Camacho is on the way to save the day.

obama should say he and the dems will negotiate if republicans agree to ban guns, agree to marriage equality, fund comprehensive sex ed, end capital punishment, raise taxes for the ~5-8 million millionaires, and institute a federal busing system on national election days to help our nation get to the polls. then he should claim that the republicans refuse to negotiate when they don't agree.

Last edited:
No. The time to negotiate was before the shutdown.

Obama is so deeply entrenched in his position, that giving in to the Tea Party idiots will be painted as a complete failure of leadership.

He's doing the right thing now, and in my opinion it reflects well on him to stay the course.

Or lazy stereotyping, which is something you used to pretend to oppose until you decided your fondness for it.

I mean, when you post shit like you have in the last 12 hours you can't really fault someone for assuming that you agree with everything the Republicans have done. You haven't really done anything to dispute that assumption, or really offered any opinions of your own.

I mean, when you post shit like you have in the last 12 hours you can't really fault someone for assuming that you agree with everything the Republicans have done. You haven't really done anything to dispute that assumption, or really offered any opinions of your own.

Let me get this straight: you're arguing that "Everyone that doesn't agree with me is dumb!" and citing "Failures to denounce!" as affirmative evidence of consent....and I'm the one posting "shit"? Have I got that right? If so, a hearty and sincere GFY.

The sad part is Republicans are now buying into all of this garbage.

"Look the world hasn't ended with this so-called 'shutdown'"

"It's not a real shutdown, only 20% of the workers are actually furloughed"

"How can the House be to blame? They tried to fund programs, but the big bad Senate shot every proposal down."

"Boehner wants to negotiate, it's the president's turn to step up to the plate and lead!"

The whole "Obama sucks as a leader" shit is overplayed. This is what the GOP turns to when they can't attack on substance or substantive matters with any credibility. Is there some validity to Obama being a poor leader? Sure, there probably is. Is this an instance of that? Absolutely not. Furthermore it's an attack which is almost impossible to refute because of the totally subjective nature of the claim. I mean what metrics do you use to objectively determine if someone is a good leader or not? If someone actually does in fact bring substance to the table and refute the notion then the goal posts can easily be moved because being a "good" leader can be different for nearly anybody. It's a claim that lacks real substance and can be repeated as a criticism without a big to do.

Back