• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should the Pats get the death penalty? NWT

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
It has to be asked....a continued track record of flaunting the rules for gain. Are they not the NFL equivalent of "lack of institutional control?"

Eric Cartmen was correct: BEELACHIC is a CHEATER!

66EF9CAB34774273A5187C7F1E90491C.ashx

Yes, Hernandez will enforce the death penalty.

The New York Post says that Brady's punishment will be having to play with the Jets for a year.

I think they should have to play with over-inflated balls for the next 3 seasons

Playing with blue balls is the worst

Source: high school

In all seriousness though, our best player on the soccer team my junior year got his first girlfriend a month or so before the season started. We were at East Davidson for a game and it was obvious he was struggling to even run. Coach pulled him off and said "Polk, what's the problem? You aren't even running out there". He replied with "coach, its my nuts, it hurts to even breathe". Coach immediately put everything together and told him to go to the locker room and rub one out so he'd be ready for the 2nd half. What makes it better was him mom went to the locker room trying to get in and figure out what was wrong with him.

In all seriousness though, our best player on the soccer team my junior year got his first girlfriend a month or so before the season started. We were at East Davidson for a game and it was obvious he was struggling to even run. Coach pulled him off and said "Polk, what's the problem? You aren't even running out there". He replied with "coach, its my nuts, it hurts to even breathe". Coach immediately put everything together and told him to go to the locker room and rub one out so he'd be ready for the 2nd half. What makes it better was him mom went to the locker room trying to get in and figure out what was wrong with him.

When in doubt, rub one out.

Brady's dad has a point, as does his agent and the Pats owner Kraft. Goodell is running a Keystone Cops organization with his "enforcement." No consistency and a forever-moving line for determining guilt. Brady's agent wasn't on the mark on everything (how can it be a sting operation if the balls are actually deflated?), but he was right about the "investigation" being a sham. They had the conclusion beforehand, and just had to find enough to conclude that it was likely he knew. What kind of penalty does one deserve if they "probably knew" something? A preponderance of the evidence standard is very shaky when you're talking about bringing forth suspensions, levying fines, and generally affecting lives/jobs.

For example, the report talks about no phone communication between Brady and the equipment dudes for the 6 months leading up to the Colts game and then a shitload afterwards. They use that as a factor in determining it was likely he knew something about it. Well, if you think he did, you are going to conclude that they had to chat and get their stories straight. But if he didn't, then of course he's going to communicate with him and figure out WTF is going on. And no phone communication for 6 months would seem to support that there was no conspiracy, unless the conspiracy was strictly verbalized. But which scenario trumps the other? If you're a firm being paid to investigate and draw a conclusion, then you conclude it's "more likely than not" evidence of some conspiracy.

Didn't Brady withhold phone and text records? I think it's a stretch to believe he didn't participate.

The other two guys made their phone and text records available, and those guys would be the guys he would talk to about such a thing. I think privacy is a pretty real concern if you're Tom Brady. He probably has texted dick pics to his woman or something like that. In this day and age, I think it's "more likely than not" that something like that leaks out from an investigation, especially when you consider how much info was leaked in the first few days of Deflategate. I think it's unrealistic to assume he joined in some texting conspiracy with his coach, particularly when the existing texts between he and the locker room guy show no evidence of a conspiracy.

Back