• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should the Pats get the death penalty? NWT

let me preface this by saying that i don't care about over/under-inflated balls in the slightest. that said, if the balls were altered to the point that the ACTUALLY provided the Patriots with a competitive advantage, i think all of the refs should be fired. how many of them handle the balls during the game and didn't notice that something was dramatically wrong with them? and can we all agree that .5 PSI isn't responsible for a 45-7 scoreline? that's ludicrous.

now if your issue with this is that they "lied" and that's what your panties are in a bunch about, i respectfully request you to please stop watching sports altogether. go get over yourself and worry about something that matters. this is one of the most embarrassing instances of faux-outrage i've seen.

ps - i'm a redskins fan and don't have a dog in the fight. i just cannot believe people ACTUALLY care about ANY of this.

despite the fact this was written by an unabashed patriot homer (he's called his own defense of the pats "defending the wall"), this is probably the most sane discussion of the topic i've seen:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...the-nfl-is-corrupt-and-wanted-this-to-happen/

The "sting" defense supposes that Goodell turned on his good friend and ally, Robert Kraft, with a sting operation a mere couple of months after Kraft stood up for him during the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson controversies. Makes no sense to anyone except the delusional and paranoid Patriot fanbase. It is much more likely that the NFL tried to turn a deaf ear to these allegations, hoping they would go away. But the Colts intercepted a pass, took the ball to the sideline, and brought forth hard evidence of ball tampering. They made this an NFL issue. The last thing Goodell wants to do is punish Kraft's team or quarterback.

Well the Pats gave the finger to the NFL this morning by singing Fred Davis, who was suspended all of last year for drugs and has a few nice assault-on-female charges on his record. Apparently that whole Hernandez escapade didn't really phase Kraft or Billy Boy. They might as well just sign Ray Rice or trade for Adrian Peterson today to try to deflect the spotlight away from Brady more.

Well the Pats gave the finger to the NFL this morning by singing Fred Davis, who was suspended all of last year for drugs and has a few nice assault-on-female charges on his record. Apparently that whole Hernandez escapade didn't really phase Kraft or Billy Boy. They might as well just sign Ray Rice or trade for Adrian Peterson today to try to deflect the spotlight away from Brady more.

What song did they sing to him?

Man, you can tell that website is from a Patriots fan. I read a few teams, then read the Patriots, and everything is "alleged" and "supposedly." Just read the section on Deflategate. Obvious bias, but it is interesting to see all the other "violations" of other teams.

hahaha

SUMMARY: The Patriots were disciplined for videotaping their September 9, 2007 regular-season game against the New York Jets from the wrong location. The Patriots filmed from an unapproved sideline location instead of from an approved indoor location, much like the Jets got away with (unpunished) a year earlier in Foxborough.

According to the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual, legal game videotaping locations "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

VICTIM: New York Jets (META-VICTIM: Goodell's ego; he bristled at the Pats' perceived challenge to his authoritah!)

SUMMARY: Immediately after the Indianapolis Colts were soundly defeated by the Patriots in the 2015 AFC Championship game, Colts reporter Bob Kravitz reported (based on a leak of false information from a "very compromised source with an ax to grind against Belichick") that 11 of the 12 Patriots game balls were underinflated by 2 PSI.

Two weeks later, on the morning of the Super Bowl, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport corrected this information, reporting that just one of the 11 footballs was 2 PSI under the limit, while many were "just a few ticks under the [12.5 PSI] minimum."

According to ProFootballTalk, the one football that was 2 PSI under the limit was the ball intercepted by D’Qwell Jackson and taken to the Colts sideline and ultimately submitted to the NFL to launch an investigation. The NFL chose not to investigate whether the Colts intentionally manipulated that football before submitting it.

There is a WHOLE lot of sandy vagina on that site. Poor Patriots, so victimized.

I think my personal favorite is the Colts getting 9 out of 10 possible cheating points for sucking for Luck and their justification is that the Pats did well when Brady was out for the season.

Framegate (2015)

TEAM: The Indianapolis Colts

SUMMARY: After intercepting a Tom Brady pass in the 2015 AFC Championship game and taking the ball to their sideline, the Colts allegedly deflated it before submitting it to the league in an attempt to implicate the Patriots in a systematic ball deflation scandal. (see Deflategate)

VICTIM: New England Patriots (The Colts are still under investigation for this infraction)

PUNISHED? PENDING...

PUNISHMENT: The league is still investigating the Colts involvement in the deflation of the one Patriots' game ball that they had on their sideline.

I had no idea this theory was a thing, but I love it so much.

Spygate (2006)

TEAM: The New York Jets

PUNISHMENT: This infraction was nearly identical to the game-videotaping infraction that the Patriots would be harshly punished for a year later. The NFL let this one slide, however, since NFL commissioner and former Jets public relations intern Roger Goodell did not feel that his authoritah had been sufficiently challenged. This is effectively the same "cheating scandal" as the Patriots' Spygate (2007) and is, therefore, given the same severity.

Ccq_Uf.gif

Tommy's getting 4 games. Seems about right, but wouldn't be surprised to see it reduced to 2.

There is a crowdsourcing fundraiser for the Pats.... WTF Boston fans???

Paying the bill of the PATRIOTS

We obviously know we won't reach One Million Dollars, however we do believe the fine is bulls**t and want to help anyway we can. So whatever is donated will be donated to the New England Patriots in help with the fine!

As we venture with this, we will do frequent updates to show progression of this! If enough is made to make the travel, we will fly down there (on our own expenses) and deliver a check in person!

Favorite comment:

Like it said before they hates us because they can't be us.

Back