• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should the Pats get the death penalty? NWT

brady straight up lied about it

fuck the patriots, DROP THE HAMMER

Brady knew, period.

Let's look at the facts. Game balls were legal when refs tested them pregame, but 11 out of 12 were deflated at halftime (with no change to the pressure in the Colts game balls).

There is no way I believe some lockerroom attendant deflated the balls on his own (without Brady knowing) just because he thought he should. They spend hours each week prepping game balls to get them how the QB likes them - there is no way Brady didint know. McNally was given a needle and specific instructons on deflating.

Brady will get suspended because of the amount of circumstantial evidence against him, because he lied about the whole thing to the NFL and the public and because he didn't turn over his phone/text/email records.

Brady knew, period.

Let's look at the facts. Game balls were legal when refs tested them pregame, but 11 out of 12 were deflated at halftime (with no change to the pressure in the Colts game balls).

There is no way I believe some lockerroom attendant deflated the balls on his own (without Brady knowing) just because he thought he should. They spend hours each week prepping game balls to get them how the QB likes them - there is no way Brady didint know. McNally was given a needle and specific instructons on deflating.

Brady will get suspended because of the amount of circumstantial evidence against him, because he lied about the whole thing to the NFL and the public and because he didn't turn over his phone/text/email records.

Don't forget about the team. I agree Brady made the situation worse from a league perspective by not cooperating with their email and phone record request. Aside from Brady, the team did not make McNally available for a 2nd interview. And this was after Bob Kraft promised to be cooperative with the investigation. Sure there will be fines, but fines are meaningless to people like Kraft and Brady. I'm thinking Brady is suspended for 4-8 games, and the team loses a high pick or 2. Regardless of close friendships, I gotta think the league increases the suspension and the level of lost picks because of the lack of cooperation by the team.

Those two ball guys HAVE GOT to be an SNL skit...Hell, just use the texts themselves as dialogue..Fucking balloons!!!

Wow. I hate Goodell and Brady, so my rooting interests are torn. I guess I want them to somehow destroy each other. I think the punishment should be harsh for Goodell to avoid appearance of favoritism, and to send message to defiant Kraft and uncooperative Brady. How will Kraft take it? and what can he do about it?

Last edited:
There is no way a suspension of Brady will stick unless they suspend him merely for failing to turn over his records. No idea whether the CBA would allow for that type of suspension.

the nfl should get vince mcmahon to head the league. if you're going to rig it, at least do it with some entertainment value.

So how about a punishment that the Patriots cannot provide game balls for a year? Every game they play has to be with their opponents' balls.

There is no way a suspension of Brady will stick unless they suspend him merely for failing to turn over his records. No idea whether the CBA would allow for that type of suspension.

It does. The CBA states that failure to cooperate with a league investigation is deemed conduct detrimental to the league which is a suspension level offense.

So how about a punishment that the Patriots cannot provide game balls for a year? Every game they play has to be with their opponents' balls.

Why not have the league just provide game balls to both teams.

no wonder brady is so accurate. he's been throwing a nerf ball all these years.

Why not have the league just provide game balls to both teams.

Well, the thing is, they used to until the mid 2000's when there was an effort made to have the game balls provided to the teams beforehand. That effort was led by some guy named Tom Brady.

Last edited:
the nfl should get vince mcmahon to head the league. if you're going to rig it, at least do it with some entertainment value.

David Stern is available, and I assure you he's much better at it

Although the ginger hammer bumbling his way to $45 mil is also entertaining in its own way

Well, the thing is, they used to until the mid 2000's when there was an effort made to have the game balls provided to the teams beforehand. That effort was led by some guy named Tom Brady.

I think it was Peyton that led the charge there.

That's when you say, "well, no, man".

Back