• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should We Hang CP3?

I do think it would be bad form to unretire some numbers that were previously retired, but keep others retired. Awkward conversation there.

This post brought to you by:

images

Somebody good I hope...There are only 36 numbers. Don't give them all away.

you think someone is going to come in and take the mantle from CP? gimme a break, troll. TD didn't win an NC and he can barely stand to breath "wake forest"

you think someone is going to come in and take the mantle from CP? gimme a break, troll. TD didn't win an NC and he can barely stand to breath "wake forest"

We should not retire a jersey of a two year player. Honor yes. Retire no.

I didnt get the chance to see the game last night...what did CP do that gave wake some rep?

And I have noticed that since CP left, no one has warn his number. Is that a department thing not wanting anyone to wear it b/c they are considering retiring it or just no player wants to wear his #?

And i'm in agreement, we need to retire his jersey idc what anyone says. And there should also be no question about Childress. Also, we really need to get Ish in the WF HOF asap. Talk about a guy who gave 110% his entire career and made numerous big time shots.

I didnt get the chance to see the game last night...what did CP do that gave wake some rep?

And I have noticed that since CP left, no one has warn his number. Is that a department thing not wanting anyone to wear it b/c they are considering retiring it or just no player wants to wear his #?

And i'm in agreement, we need to retire his jersey idc what anyone says. And there should also be no question about Childress. Also, we really need to get Ish in the WF HOF asap. Talk about a guy who gave 110% his entire career and made numerous big time shots.

Do you not go to football games?

Which one is it?

Stop contradicting yourself.

If a player made first team All American on two polls and second team on one is good enough for me. Something like that. Rule of thumb. What is your view on the topic?

Well for starters he's meeting up with about 100 alumni after the Spurs game for about a 30 minute meet and greet Q&A next Saturday. We tried to get Duncan too but could not.

Well for starters he's meeting up with about 100 alumni after the Spurs game for about a 30 minute meet and greet Q&A next Saturday. We tried to get Duncan too but could not.

Bill Joyner met with alumni. Should we retire number 11?

keeper, if CP3 had led us to a final four and then exited for the NBA despite the outcome would he merit having his jersey retired? What if we had won the NC and CP3 left ala Isiah Thomas? Do we punish CP3 for not achieving what Tim Duncan could not accomplish?

I think the honor/retire thing is going to need further discussion.

keeper, if CP3 had led us to a final four and then exited for the NBA despite the outcome would he merit having his jersey retired? What if we had won the NC and CP3 left ala Isiah Thomas? Do we punish CP3 for not achieving what Tim Duncan could not accomplish?

I think the honor/retire thing is going to need further discussion.

No retire for two years service. That is rent a player.

If a player made first team All American on two polls and second team on one is good enough for me. Something like that. Rule of thumb. What is your view on the topic?

What is your view on it? This is your third different one.

y'know, if we aren't going to let anyone else wear the #3, then you might as well retire it.

and tbh, I kinda agree with keeper. I don't like the idea of retiring a number for a guy who only played at Wake for two seasons.

What is your view on it? This is your third different one.

First team consensus all american or close to it. three year minimum. can't major in sociology. too easy of a major.

I wanted to after the State and West Virginia games. Now I'm ambivalent.

No retire for two years service. That is rent a player.

Well, in the day when freshmen didn't play... the dawn of time back in your day... how many players made their mark in their junior and senior year and had their jersey retired? The requirement is that you are great as a senior and graduate?

Back