• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shouldn't [Redacted] Show Some Class And...

deacsrus

Reaction score
RESIGN!!! Grobe has shown [Redacted] the way in which to resign with class. You guys have seen DC and how in just one week has re-energized MSD. Since the Emperor won't fire Buzz, he should resign. We need a hire who will not only know how to coach, but re-vitalize our other revenue sport. Compare the two. Are there any comparisons?

The football situation hasn't changed in the way we hope yet: we just have a new staff. Next season, we'll be thrilled with 4-8. Give Clawson time. But [Redacted] doesn't give a flying shit about football. If you're really re-energized by Clawson's hiring, it may be more a sign of your despair over football rather than excitement over results we have yet to see.

Depending on how this season goes, that may be exactly what happens ... replete with expressions of gratitude from RW for all Bz has done for the program.

The facts are that RW offered the job to BZ and he took it. The fault for the results we've seen should be at RW's feet. I agree with Baby and expect BZ to resign at the end of the season with the thanks of RW for mission accomplished.

Depending on how this season goes, that may be exactly what happens ... replete with expressions of gratitude from RW for all Bz has done for the program.

And at this point, I think almost all of us would take that.

Last night I had a dream that Bz stepped down towards the end of the season. Jim Calhoun (for some reason) was named interim coach for the final 8 games. After the season we were going to conduct a full search.

I woke up very disappointed.

While it would be nice, I have to say this is the most I've been interested in a Wake hoops team in the past 4 years. I'm thrilled to be excited again after November. Have to say, this felt like a long week without a game.

The last time we replaced the football/basketball coach in the same season things turned out pretty well for the next few years. Hopefully the results will be the same this time.

The last time we replaced the football/basketball coach in the same season things turned out pretty well for the next few years. Hopefully the results will be the same this time.

Who do you all think could be on RW's "list" for potential HCs?

I can't imagine we'd be shooting for a Greg Marshall, Buzz Williams, or Shaka Smart at this point...

Any insight on how the season would have to go? I think someone floated out a number. 19 wins or something like that?

Baby, based on the inside info you've fed us over the last several miserable seasons, don't you see Wellman graciously "allowing" Bzz to resign (with a handsome severance for his trouble) and thank him profusely for his time and efforts in "restoring the earnest pursuit of the lofty values we hold so dear at Wake Forest" within our basketball program, for Bzz took on a job that very few would want and execute so well? He'll have done his job and positioned us for a new era of greatness that can now, and only because of Bzz, once again exceed our "historical competitiveness" that Bzz has been able to help us realize. After all, he is a lame duck after this year and without either a 10 win ACC season or 20-win NIT campaign, there really isn't anyway to justify his continued tenure? Hell, he could probably convince Bzz to fall on the sword and position himself for another NBA assistant coaching job in Charlotte. I mean, Michael Jordan's Hornets are all about mediocrity right? ;)

I hope you're right, Baby. But I'd be surprised if Bz resigned with one year left. He hasn't been making Grobe money.

He probably has a job waiting with one of the many NBA-types who claim he's the basketball Sun Tzu.

I hope you're right, Baby. But I'd be surprised if Bz resigned with one year left. He hasn't been making Grobe money.

Wellman will accept his resignation and pay him for the remaining year anyway. With Buzz out of a job, it will give them more time to spend together down at Buzz's beach house. I bet Buzz mixes up a mean virgin pomegranate daiquiri to sip on while they watch the sun set.

I'd assume he's either "allowed to resign" with a Grobe-style severance or given an extension. Can't really see him earning that extension. It would be pretty uncommon to head into the last year of a contract with no measures in place for the future.

This has to be his last season. And to be honest, they look better. Bz's ceiling is just too low. Ron probably knows he's got a shot to largely salvage his rep among fans and he's halfway there. Peaceful parting of ways with Bz, good bball hire (which should be attainable), and waltz off into the sunset.

8 and 2 and improvement (noticeable) across the board. From Cav to CMM...even Andre has made big strides.

Enjoy watching them gel. They are not there yet but I like the outlet passing and commitment to running the ball. For all you say about Buzz, he's no Princeton/ Sendek operator. It is an exciting brand of ball and these guys are becoming a team with or without shitty fans like yourself.

Back