• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

Dems on board? With what?

Whatever idea you gun experts come up with to address gun violence.

By the way, what are your ideas?

Give the manufacturers two choices- redesign the guns so they can't be converted or stop making them. My guess is we'd have new designs within months, if not sooner. I would not be surprised if they exist already.

As I said earlier, make the possession of any kits to change semi to auto a federal crime with serious non-negotiable jail time. Those who produce or create instructions of how to produce those products get double the jail time. Each unit they produce is an additional charge with consecutive sentences.

Already been done. Feel free to research this on your own...

It takes a few hours to read and educate yourself about guns and ammo in their various iterations. It’s not rocket science. By glancing through a few pages here, that’s clearly a lot to ask.

I’m not blaming it on entrenched sides at all. Stop reading and looking for good guys vs bad guys garbage. I’m on your side. I want change. Work with me instead trying to polarize everything. The us vs them attitude will never achieve the change we both want.

Folks shouldn't have to do several hours of research in order to have an opinion that they don't want to get murdered by a crazy with a gun.

How long does it take to go from the person who constantly shares "good Facebook posts" to outright chain email forwarder?

Folks shouldn't have to do several hours of research in order to have an opinion that they don't want to get murdered by a crazy with a gun.

I’m trying to bridge that gap you talked about. It looks like you’re comfortable staying on the other side. Drop the hyperbole and intentional oversimplification. I really want to find something we can agree on here. We should be able to unite after something like this tragedy. What’s more important to you, working with someone normally on the other side to make a change or Internet points and buzzwords?

Given the nature of intentional blocking of rational change we should keep this cued up.

What an amazing little quartet:

The legend that is Jeff Beck on guitar
The ever so cool Vinnie Colaiuta on drums - for those who don't know him he's played with Zappa, Beck, Sting and Joni Mitchell among others
At this time Joss Stone was about 22 - WOW
The bass player was 19 when she played here. Tal Winkenfeld is on the short list of best bassists in the world today.

Ones that 5 of 9 Supreme Court Justices like? Yes.

Those solutions exist with the tooth fairy and easter bunny then.

My question to you is, can you really legislate the morality of others at the expense of the freedoms of everyone else?

There's no lack of freedom if a person can't own a specific gun or rifle. There are plenty of others.

the whole "you should educate yourself on guns and ammo" talk is really stupid. No, we don't need to. You guys who are experts talk amongst yourselves and get rid of the bad shit. We're on board with whatever you come up with. If you wanna kill a deer and that's your line in the sand, go ahead and kill a deer. Figure out what you need to do that and be safe from someone raping your wife and lets agree on that. Shooting 1,000 rounds a minute is a stupid hobby, as Dan Bilzerian found out this past weekend.

Yes, shooting guns was fun when I was 13. So was wiffle ball. I do neither now.

Apparently innocent people dying from guns is enough for Palma to break his Trump schtick.

Republicans and abortion coming in 3, 2, 1...

ETA: Ph, you let me down. I thought you’d have that covered before I could refresh. Elkman left the door wide open on that one.

Last edited:
Those solutions exist with the tooth fairy and easter bunny then.

My question to you is, can you really legislate the morality of others at the expense of the freedoms of everyone else?

So what are your unconstitutional solutions ideas then?

Come on! I meant that sincerely.

My b, Bake.

Last edited:
So it's been 10 pages, has there been a real suggestion yet, or just more "I don't know what we can do" posts by guys who like guns?

So it's been 10 pages, has there been a real suggestion yet, or just more "I don't know what we can do" posts by guys who like guns?

I have multiple times. Of course now that the NRA's employee , elkman. is here, it doesn't matter.

1. Universal background checks on every purchase, transfer of ownership or gift of any gun or rifle. It doesn't matter if it's gun show, private sale, gift or inheritance. Any transfer of ownership must include a background check.
2. Banning of all devices that expand gun capacity beyond a total of 15 rounds. Owning such devices will be a federal crime. Building or selling such devices will be a more serious federal crime.
3. All gun owners must have liability insurance for each weapon they own.
4. Possessing any device that can turn a semi-automatic weapon into fully automatic should be a federal crime with guaranteed jail time. Selling any such devices will carry more serious jail time and liability for the actions of those who bought the devices.

This is a starting point and each position is supported by the vast majority of Americans regardless of party.

Back