• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

interesting. I've actually spent the past couple of days reading up on it and the Thermoworks Billows. Guess that helps with the decision. I wonder if they killed it because they have the new Konnected Joe grill that integrates it all?
I've heard Fireboard 2 Drive is great.

I'm sure the decision was driven by the Konnected Joe. But, they shouldn't leave existing owners in the lurch... espescially ones in warranty.

Give a target date of at least a year out to give people options. Don't kill the app the day before the biggest grill day of the year.

Smoking wings tonight with Lowry’s Seasoning Salt and pepper.

Where do you get your beef ribs, Tsy?

I’m planning to use my new wireless TempSpike on today’s turkey. Seems to get good reviews for internal accuracy.

Just loaded up the KJ. Spark time of 9AM for turkey.

Any good Black Friday deals out there for smokers and accessories? I’m haven’t bought a new smoker yet and now might be the time.

I have the EasyBBQ thermometer that does the same thing and it’s ok. I should upgrade but I’m not sure how much of an upgrade that one would be.

I use a “ThermoPro TP99 Hard Carrying Case Storage Bag for TP-20, TP-08S, TP-07 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer”…

just to let me know when to use my Themapen One to instantly check around for finer tuned finishing.

I've been using a Flame Boss for the last few years. Works a charm. Until the internet breaks like it did while I was smoking the turkey breasts yesterday. Fan still worked for temp regulation, but my wifi communication was donezo.

I grabbed a Fire Board 2 when my iKammand stopped working. It’s a good thermometer with a big LCD.

Celebrating the 70 degree December day with some beef ribs. What you got smoking today?

Attachments

• 20231203_153227.jpg
    20231203_153227.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Beef ribs are good. Where did you get them?

Back