• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

Stores don’t like beef ribs because they take meat away from ribeyes. :(

Smoking wings tonight with Lowry’s Seasoning Salt and pepper.

Where do you get your beef ribs, Tsy?

Grabbed these from Costco.

Beef ribs are good. Where did you get them?

Stores don’t like beef ribs because they take meat away from ribeyes. :(
I thought your original question of where I got them was a joke based upon a few posts back :)

I either source my meats from Costco, Shuler Meats in Thomasville, or Ogburn Station Meat Market. Unless one of the grocery stores has a great deal on something, I shy away from them.

I thought your original question of where I got them was a joke based upon a few posts back :)

I either source my meats from Costco, Shuler Meats in Thomasville, or Ogburn Station Meat Market. Unless one of the grocery stores has a great deal on something, I shy away from them.
Obviously, I forgot what I asked. Glad you rembered.

I think it depends on the type of beef rib. The "plate" short ribs are from a different part of the cow than the ribeye, but I know that Angus Barn changed their beef ribs years ago because they were taking too much from the ribeye.

Smoked a beer can chicken today for the first time in years. Buttered up the space between the breast and skin, with a home made rub. Looking forward to tearing into this sucker in a few.

Attachments

• 20240204_174509.jpg
    20240204_174509.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 18
Back