• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Smoking Food Thread

Search for it a few pages back in the thread. I detailed the reverse sear technique, which is easy and produces amazing results. Your toughest part of the whole process will most likely be finding the tri-tip at the store.

I haven't found any recently. Who is your source now, TSY?

If I recall, the reverse sear method is damn simple. Smoke to your desired internal temp (I always go rare) then sear on the grill, slice and serve. You can let it rest in between the smoke/sear steps if needed, just wrap in foil and place in a cooler.

Tri tip is great, just make sure to cut against the grain

Loweses and home deeper are having their charcoal sale right now. Lowes was $12, but they price matched the $9.88 price a buddy sent me from HD. I'm sittin on 160 lbs of Kingsford blue bag.

I got myour tri-tip from Trader Joe's, they've randomly carried it for a couple years

I haven't found any recently. Who is your source now, TSY?

Midway Meats in Davidson County is where I've picked it up in small quantities the past few times. If I'm doing a large amount, I have to special order it from Shuler Meats in an 80 lb case. If enough local people are interested in going in together for an order, I'd be down for splitting a case with some people later this spring at cost. Last time the tri-tip was $4 per lb.

Midway Meats in Davidson County is where I've picked it up in small quantities the past few times. If I'm doing a large amount, I have to special order it from Shuler Meats in an 80 lb case. If enough local people are interested in going in together for an order, I'd be down for splitting a case with some people later this spring at cost. Last time the tri-tip was $4 per lb.

I'm definitely in and may know of a few others interested.

I'd be interested in the tri tip split...been a couple of years since I made that

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Smoking a pork loin for Easter. Smoked quite a few but looking to try something different than just a marinade or rub. Any ideas?

See the bacon-wrapped loins I posted on the previous page. Huge hit. I sliced the leftovers and made sliders for lunch the next week on Kings Hawaiian rolls with some mustard-based (gasp!) Bbq sauce. I think it too about two hours to reach 150 internal at 250 degrees.

See the bacon-wrapped loins I posted on the previous page. Huge hit. I sliced the leftovers and made sliders for lunch the next week on Kings Hawaiian rolls with some mustard-based (gasp!) Bbq sauce. I think it too about two hours to reach 150 internal at 250 degrees.

I did see those and I am very tempted to try them! What did you inject with? Any rub on the loin prior to wrapping in bacon?

Think I did some beer, hot sauce, spices, and honey. I used my standard pork rub.

Cant find

Back