• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Dumping here again...great skiing doa

Was just out they Monday thru Friday and had great weather. Luckily flew out last night. I think all my coworkers but one were our by yesterday. The last guy had a Saturday flight and couldn't get it changed. Not sure if he's stuck but I'm assuming so since I read 70% of flights to and from Denver were cancelled.

Happy New Year! drew, Snowpom - do you guys have any insight to potential snow this Friday?

Happy New Year! drew, Snowpom - do you guys have any insight to potential snow this Friday?

Drew posted this on FB earlier today:
Potential is there for 2 shots of winter weather this week: Thursday night and Saturday. Nothing is close to certain but it could be very interesting this weekend. I won't post model maps so I don't freak people out.

Does anyone know where Drew gets his models from? I always enjoy taking a look at the models posted.

12z GFS Operational dropping the bomb. VERY COLD for the week following the storm

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Definitely the outlier of all the models. I really like Alan Hufman's twitter feed as he shows the models on top of each other. They all do seem to be saying wintry event of some sort.

18z GFS Op. with a more realistic 8-10"

0z NAM similar to GFS

UKMET slightly weaker than GFS

Waiting on the EMCWF to come on board. So far it has shown nothing of note.

EDIT: NAM caving to the EMCWF

Last edited:
18z GFS Op. with a more realistic 8-10"

0z NAM similar to GFS

UKMET slightly weaker than GFS

Waiting on the EMCWF to come on board. So far it has shown nothing of note.

EDIT: NAM caving to the EMCWF

Translation plz.

GFS- global forecast system
NAM- North American Mesoscale
UKMET- United Kingdom weather model
ECMWF- European Center for Medium Range Weather

All weather models that use slightly different formulas, data, and calculation to predict the weather. You should probably know this since you slurp all models.

Back