• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Are those the exact conditions everywhere in your county or does the self importance only extend to your yard?

Don't you understand Barca? 2&2 is the only person on the face of the planet.

Too bad baby boomers continue to do stupid shit and blame millennials for their poor decisions.

Are those the exact conditions everywhere in your county or does the self importance only extend to your yard?

I'm basically the northernmost house in the county, so using my GeoPom skills I will advancedstat that my house is probably the coldest and therefore the 40 degrees/no ice conditions at my house are probably indicative that there is not any ice in the more southern portions of the county. Plus, thanks to the magic that is your millennial social media, I can see that everyone else in the County seems to be having the same reaction.

Death, taxes, and over entitled middle aged white dudes getting pissed off about the weather are the only certainties in life.

I'm not pissed about the weather, the weather is perfectly fine. I'm pissed at the idiots at the schools who overreact to the weather, thus forcing parents to stay home with their kids, thus forcing me to pay said parents to stay home with their kids while not having any revenue during those hours to offset said expenses because said employees are not able to come to work because they have to stay with their kids.

I'm not pissed about the weather, the weather is perfectly fine. I'm pissed at the idiots at the schools who overreact to the weather, thus forcing parents to stay home with their kids, thus forcing me to pay said parents to stay home with their kids while not having any revenue during those hours to offset said expenses because said employees are not able to come to work because they have to stay with their kids.

You don't hire pregnant women, just don't hire parents. Should be easy enough given your mentality on your business model.

This isn't the parents' fault, it is the fault of the pussies at the County schools who are worried about all those bus pileups that occur during 40-degree drizzles.

Can someone explain to me how it gets hotter even with the sun down? I think that's very cool but I don't understand how it works.
Masses of warm air move in, warm fronts vs cold fronts. A mass of warm air came up from the gulf, which was warmer and displaced the cold air that was currently over the area. A lot of it has to do with the movement of the jet stream.

I'm basically the northernmost house in the county, so using my GeoPom skills I will advancedstat that my house is probably the coldest and therefore the 40 degrees/no ice conditions at my house are probably indicative that there is not any ice in the more southern portions of the county. Plus, thanks to the magic that is your millennial social media, I can see that everyone else in the County seems to be having the same reaction.

interesting. DC is north of northern Virginia, as is Montgomery County, Maryland, and Northern Virginia (to our south, mind you), got more snow.

interesting. DC is north of northern Virginia, as is Montgomery County, Maryland, and Northern Virginia (to our south, mind you), got more snow.

That's nice where both areas are legit snow areas below freezing so it just depends which way the clouds blow. The NC/SC border is not one of those areas, and the idiots making the school decisions here should have the common sense to know that. It isn't going to snow to the south and not to the north here, primarily because it most likely isn't going to snow at all, it is going to rain. Which is what happened.

Schools are afraid of getting sued if a kid dies on the way in on a patch of ice. Thanks attorneys

Yep, lots of ice when it is 40 degrees and has been so and raining for the past 8+ hours. I thought millennials were all about the #science, not the #jesustakethewheel?

Millennials likely aren't making too many "school closings" decisions. Or at the least not making the bulk of the decisions. I have no idea how old the person running Meck county's system is

I was up at 6am walking the dog this morning in DC when it was still close to freezing. Thankful for my Yak Tracks on my boots! Was pleasantly surprised at how easily the layer of ice came off the car with a little defrosting and minimal ice scraping.

But, interestingly, when we left the house at 8am to head to work, and the temperature was around 48 degrees, there was still a fair amount of ice on the sidewalks and I almost slipped in two different areas.

I was up at 6am walking the dog this morning in DC when it was still close to freezing. Thankful for my Yak Tracks on my boots! Was pleasantly surprised at how easily the layer of ice came off the car with a little defrosting and minimal ice scraping.

But, interestingly, when we left the house at 8am to head to work, and the temperature was around 48 degrees, there was still a fair amount of ice on the sidewalks and I almost slipped in two different areas.

Just because you were wearing millennial shoes!

I think it was the worst road conditions in WS that I have seen when the schools were not closed. Our road has bus traffic and was still covered with icy slush except for car tracks. Not saying that the buses couldn't navigate it in, but it was worse than what typically results in a closing.

It was still bad this morning when I headed to work around 8:30.

Guess I need to suck it up as a millennial.

Back