• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

I need to run to Lexington after work to pick up some lumber. How was 52?

At what point is this supposed to switch over to straight up rain?

News is saying that highways are ok, but side roads will get worse throughout the day.

I hit Country Club, Silas Creek, 40 and Stratford on my way to work.

Silas was iffy, 40 and Stratford were in good shape, and Country Club was really hit and miss.

I need to run to Lexington after work to pick up some lumber. How was 52?

At what point is this supposed to switch over to straight up rain?

Mountains are a disaster. I know it's not as bad down there but are you sure you wanna risk it? Can't you just wait a day?

A few miles south of Winston everything cleared up. Night and day difference. I got home and the roads are dry.

Charlotte had one 10 minute stretch of rain around 1pm. Dry since.

Solid amount of freezing rain yesterday afternoon, including some thunder freezing rain. It poured for a couple minutes then immediately froze into a solid sheet of ice. Jim Cantore would have shit a brick.

Overnight we woke up a few times due to the hard rain.

Wind gusts and hard rain woke me up around 3:30 this morning. It hasn't warmed up nearly as quickly as forecast - I thought all the snow would be washed away overnight but it was still only like 33 degrees at 8am.

So today the schools are on a 2 hour delay, apparently because it rained last night while it was 40 degrees out and washed away whatever ice actually accumulated from the 10 minutes of rain yesterday. Makes sense. It is hard to believe that we could be raising a generation of even bigger pussies than millenials, but the current kids appear to be headed in that direction. Fuck WeatherPom in his cold, shriveled, chapped ass.

So today the schools are on a 2 hour delay, apparently because it rained last night while it was 40 degrees out and washed away whatever ice actually accumulated from the 10 minutes of rain yesterday. Makes sense. It is hard to believe that we could be raising a generation of even bigger pussies than millenials, but the current kids appear to be headed in that direction. Fuck WeatherPom in his cold, shriveled, chapped ass.

Are those the exact conditions everywhere in your county or does the self importance only extend to your yard?

Death, taxes, and over entitled middle aged white dudes getting pissed off about the weather are the only certainties in life.

Are those the exact conditions everywhere in your county or does the self importance only extend to your yard?
My county is a prime example of the contrast in conditions. The SE portion, where I live got nothing Sunday night, and only got freezing rain yesterday evening. The NE portion where my coworkers live, they got 2" of snow, plus 1/2" sleet with freezing rain on top of it. Their roads are still impassible this morning, whereas mine are just wet. As the crow flies, it may be 15 miles from my house to theirs.

I benefited from that type of split growing up. Thanks HTTD's area for doing the tough work

Back