• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

109, 40 West, and Hanes Mall Blvd. were all passable as of an hour ago. Wife took a hard fall with wet boots on the hardwood, not hitting her head thankfully, so I’m at Forsyth waiting on her to get x-rays. What a bummer of a snow day.

Dang, not the way to spend a snow day. Hope she is ok!

Dang, not the way to spend a snow day. Hope she is ok!

We’re thinking probably a broken arm, and maybe tailbone, too. She’s back from x-rays now and not happy at all about all the movement. I’m on nurse duty for the rest of the week. Thanks for the concern.

Damn, sorry to hear about that.

5 Inches here and still coming down at a fair pace.

We’re going to get dressed and head over to Reynolda to walk around...should be beautiful.

We’re thinking probably a broken arm, and maybe tailbone, too. She’s back from x-rays now and not happy at all about all the movement. I’m on nurse duty for the rest of the week. Thanks for the concern.

That sucks. I broke my tailbone 20 year ago and I still cant sit in the same position for more than 10 min at a time without having to shift.

Ouch! When wife/Mom get hurt - everyone hurts! Hoping for a speedy recovery for your wife!

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

From Reynolda: garden, house.

Thoughts on road conditions from WS to PTI tomorrow morning (9-10am)? My mom is supposed to fly in and this snow is really messing things up! She already moved her flight from 10pm tonight to 10am tomorrow.

Going to be below freezing until around noon tomorrow.

Probably the major roads (to/from airport) are going to be fairly clear, but likely icy in spots. Neighborhood roads won't be clear.

If you have front wheel drive (or better) and use good/careful driving skills, should be OK, I'd think.

Best wishes.

We got 7 inches in our corner of Winston.

I just got around to reading today’s Journal, and the front page headline is “2 to 4 inches of snow expected in Triad”. Whoops.

I think @raleighwx was saying that these storm systems always outperform projections and it looks to be true.

Broken radius, bruised tailbone. Nurse roland is on the job. She’s ok as long as she’s still, which she is not good at. Thanks for the well wishes.

Back