• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Is that with a 10x1 ratio?

Kuchera ratio is supposed to better predict the ratios at which the snow will fall, instead of just using the standard 10:1. Most of the time in the south, we're less than 10:1, but this storm looks actually to be greater than 10:1 due to very cold air aloft.

Apparently the precipitation shifted overnight, and they're now calling for 4-6" in Winston. We've got about 2.5 near Wallburg right now.
The system also arrived slower than anticipated, resulting in a larger influx of moisture.

WSFCS will be closed rest of week. No chance they send those kids in Friday. Supposed to freeze tonight and tomorrow night, so whatever is left will keep the city shut down. Fucking Winston

DTv_Eh5UQAACxqA.jpg

Local Mets again very conservative w/their initial forecasting - now saying they called for this?? I think the Triad gets 6"+ in some areas with this system. The weather forums were saying there was a good chance of this occurring on Sunday.

Local Mets again very conservative w/their initial forecasting - now saying they called for this?? I think the Triad gets 6"+ in some areas with this system. The weather forums were saying there was a good chance of this occurring on Sunday.

If you want to be a Snowpom, one prognosticating maxim you must internalize: the NWS and local media will always underestimate snow totals in the days and hours leading up to large[r] events.

If they are saying that they called for/predicted this much snow, then they are freaking lying. As of last night, they were saying 1-3 in WS and 2-4 GSO and east.

Yeah DarkSky was calling 2-5” but everything else I saw said 1-3”

109, 40 West, and Hanes Mall Blvd. were all passable as of an hour ago. Wife took a hard fall with wet boots on the hardwood, not hitting her head thankfully, so I’m at Forsyth waiting on her to get x-rays. What a bummer of a snow day.

Back