• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Bring it on. Got nothing else planned with he kiddos this weekend, and a hill that's perfect for sledding.

I dated a GORGEOUS girl who was 6'2 barefoot. One night we were going to a sixoers game and I wore these boots that 2" heels. They made me a 6'3. On the way to her house, it started snowing. As she came down the steps, she had to duck to miss the overhang.

She had seen the snow and put on boots with HUGE heels that made her close to 6'7. We both laughed at tall she had become.

When we got the game. we started up the steps to out seats. All of a sudden we heard, "DODDAMN is she tall."

I looked and saw it was a guy I played in bunch of basketball leagues with.

She didn't miss a beat. Being a GORGEOUS MODEL, she had that terrific hair flip thing down perfectly. She did it and stared him with her cobalt blue eyes to say, "And i'm fucking mean, too."

My buddy shrank his seat. She strode up to the first open seats and sat down. The crowd near us was clapping wildly. She was sitting with her head in her hands. "Do they hate me?"

i smiled pulled her hands away and said something like, "They LOVE you."

She wondered if these were really our seats. I said it didn't really matter now.

I didn't bang her THAT night. We just hung out and did some laundry.

rqvybb.gif~c200

It's extreme, but crazy to think its within the realm of possibility.

gfs_asnow_seus_27.png

While overdone, I have not seen so many different runs from different models consistently show well over a foot for the Triad. GFS, GFES, GFSFv3, EURO, EPS, UKMET

Sounds like this is not happening till Sunday correct?

Sounds like this is not happening till Sunday correct?

Most models have it starting Saturday night, through Sunday, and Monday morning. It’s gearing up to be a monster. However, there’s still time for it to nor verify. Time will tell

I’m going on record, there’s no way Winston sees close to what they’re predicting. I think 6-8” is still pushing it.

I’m going on record, there’s no way Winston sees close to what they’re predicting. I think 6-8” is still pushing it.

I think this will be about where we're at as well. Similar to the same storm system that hit this exact weekend last year.

ZV3pV9L.png

This is the most recent European model pretty much every weather pro uses to some extent. Obviously, not going to happen, but still. Damn.

I'm not getting too excited about this yet. They couldn't predict when a hurricane would hit from this far out. Remember when we moved the BC game up to 5:00 and they cancelled schools for 2 days of beautiful, sunny weather? Or how about the 70 degree sunny day that was predicted for this past Sunday that turned out to be 50 degrees and damp and rainy?

I'm not getting too excited about this yet. They couldn't predict when a hurricane would hit from this far out. Remember when we moved the BC game up to 5:00 and they cancelled schools for 2 days of beautiful, sunny weather? Or how about the 70 degree sunny day that was predicted for this past Sunday that turned out to be 50 degrees and damp and rainy?

More bread for me

gfs_12__redux.jpg.png.a134d8f75acd417a8eab4d601fb4f48b.png

American GFS model. I'm way too much of a snow lover/weather nerd. Charlotte will get maybe an inch of slop while Statesville gets a foot or more.

Back