• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

I have a friend who works for Sierra who's pretty closely connected with everything

so what are we talking here...like 5, 3, noon? I would guess if it starts early it won't run as long as normal, which kinda sucks. I'm really interested to see what the Dave Grohl set is like. The "Play" song is like 23 minutes but they typically give the big names and hour or 1.5 hours so I'm wondering what else he'll do.

I’m supposed to see TSO on Sunday and I doubt that’s happening now

6AM GEFS Ensemble Mean

47382957_2371533486209048_507878426758086656_o.png

We have better odds of both Wellman and Manning being fired today than we do getting 13+ inches of snow next week.

Dude's kids are prob going to be off or delayed every single day next week, and the bitching is going to be incredible.

Basically, no one has much of a clue what's going to happen in Charlotte. Somewhere between cold rain with a little snow/ice to over a foot of snow with ice on top. Triad and mountains will get a lot more, especially the mountains. Cantore is apparently heading up to the Grove Park Inn.

Very surprised the National Weather Service is predicting 10 inches (was 13 this morning) here.

From CNN's reporting:
-Early snow estimates range from 1 foot to almost 2 feet across the mountains and foothills west of Interstate 85.
-This means portions of North Carolina could see record snowfall. "This could be a once-in-a-generation event for areas that experience mostly snow and ice," the National Weather Service in Greenville, South Carolina, said Thursday.

which of you guys is "snowdeac" on americanwx? Whoever you are I agree with your comment on those Charlotte totals.

From CNN's reporting:
-Early snow estimates range from 1 foot to almost 2 feet across the mountains and foothills west of Interstate 85.
-This means portions of North Carolina could see record snowfall. "This could be a once-in-a-generation event for areas that experience mostly snow and ice," the National Weather Service in Greenville, South Carolina, said Thursday.

I looked it up earlier today, the record for GSO is 14.3" in a 24 hour period, and was in December of 1930. We could potentially blow that away.

Back