• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Even with the 2-hr delay this morning, I had several students involved in wrecks due to the still icy conditions. I had no issues on the main roads but more rural roads & roads within developments were VERY problematic.

I left home at 9:20 and there were two serious accidents in Pfafftown. One had a car on its side the other involved 2 or 3 cars just two blocks from Reagan. Truthfully, we were lucky there wasn't a more serious crash.

I left home at 9:20 and there were two serious accidents in Pfafftown. One had a car on its side the other involved 2 or 3 cars just two blocks from Reagan. Truthfully, we were lucky there wasn't a more serious crash.
From what some of my kids shared, I'm thinking the one close to Reagan involved one of my students.

and this morning it's 60 and pouring. CRAXY

Dude, the area I live in can not handle any more water. Even small drizzles result in tons of surface water at this point. We live on a hill, so we're ok. However, the people that live at the bottom of the hill are basically swamp people at this point.

yeah my front yard is in a creek flood plain so it hasn't dried out in months. I'm atop the hill so it's fine, but there's always a puddle of water at the end of my driveway.

snow possible for a week or so from now. Huffman getting fired up on twitter.

Looks as if the Triad may get up to an inch tomorrow evening. As long as it isn't ice, I won't complain too much.

66ce47358c8db7f41af21f773740ac06.jpg

Local weather in GSO still only predicting 1-2" as most will melt with he warm ground temps, but I have seen predictions of 4" inn Greensboro from some part time internet experts.

This is so damn stupid. School in CLT closing 2 hours early today and opening 2 hours late tomorrow. What the fuck for? Rain? It hasn't been anywhere close to freezing out and is not supposed to get anywhere near it. Even if it does snow, it is not sticking and there will not be any ice. Shouldn't this be what the school is teaching? Here is basic science - snow won't stick if the ground is not frozen. This is how temperature impacts precipitation. But no, ignore all that and freak out because some asshole on TV wants ratings so claims it will snow despite common sense to the contrary. Stupid motherfuckers.

Back