• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Death, taxes and

This is so damn stupid. School in CLT closing 2 hours early today and opening 2 hours late tomorrow. What the fuck for? Rain? It hasn't been anywhere close to freezing out and is not supposed to get anywhere near it. Even if it does snow, it is not sticking and there will not be any ice. Shouldn't this be what the school is teaching? Here is basic science - snow won't stick if the ground is not frozen. This is how temperature impacts precipitation. But no, ignore all that and freak out because some asshole on TV wants ratings so claims it will snow despite common sense to the contrary. Stupid motherfuckers.

Let the kids have some fun. They're just going to go over to each others houses and bust some cheeks while mom and dad are working. Calm down

I mean, the low in Charlotte tonight is going to be 29 and it's 24 on Friday night. Obviously not a weather emergency, but I think that's below freezing.

Yeah, and heavy snow rates (like the ones projected around when school would be releasing, we'll see if it actually happens) can definitely still accumulate if the ground and air are above freezing. It snowed around 8 inches one March in Winston when I was at Wake where it had been almost 70 the day before.

2 and 2's snow posts are definitely in my top 10 favorite things about the board list.

cms hasn't yet delayed school opening tomorrow - that was just rage about an anticipated delay. (I agree it's coming.)

cms hasn't yet delayed school opening tomorrow - that was just rage about an anticipated delay. (I agree it's coming.)

We already got the 2&2 (I crack myself up) hour adjustments for today and tomorrow at 6:30 this morning. CMS will be announcing soon I'm sure.

Yeah, I announced that CMS was opening late tomorrow as fact and got a couple of funny looks. Thanks 2&2.

Don't worry, you're just a few hours early with your prognosis. You likely understated it when CMS announces a full closing for tomorrow's partly sunny and 44 degree forecast.

well, someone in Davidson will get 4" and they'll shut the whole county down.

Back