• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

The uncertainty it’s screwing with my weekend plans. My SIL and MIL are coming down to watch the kids this weekend so my wife and I can get a night away, but we can’t risk getting stuck somewhere on Sunday morning. I’m sure nothing will happen unless I book something.

Just cancelled our Asheville trip, so now the storm is surely going to fizzle or shift way northward.

Good thing I wired in a generator bypass switch this morning. Bring it on.
Took apart the carb on the generator from the firetruck, cleaned it and put it back on. Still no fire, not sure what's going on.

It'll run briefly off carb cleaner, but not maintain. The fuel isn't terribly old, and I added a bottle of treatment. I have access to others from the FD if needed.

Took apart the carb on the generator from the firetruck, cleaned it and put it back on. Still no fire, not sure what's going on.

It'll run briefly off carb cleaner, but not maintain. The fuel isn't terribly old, and I added a bottle of treatment. I have access to others from the FD if needed.

You best bring the chicken inside.

It has a heat lamp if things get brutally cold, but the birds are quite resilient. As long as they aren't exposed to sustained wind, they're pretty hearty at low temps.

Birds are the best. Even chickens.

Back